HELP!

Forum for ToneNET - AmpliTube TONEX and AmpliTube 5’s preset sharing community.
Together we rock nonstop

HELP!

Postby VictoriousC137 » Wed Oct 23, 2024 4:14 pm

Hello everyone, I'll just get to the point.

I'm very new at using digital gear. I recently bought a tonex pedal, I created two presets using Amplitube 5, I managed to upload them on the tone.net and to save them as a file on my computer. I even see them when I access the tone.net on Amplitube 5.

Now I wanna download them to my pedal. I open the tonex software, I find my pedal but I don't find my presets on tone.net on tonex software, I cannot open the files on my computer and the software doesn't recognize them. I don't find any videos or forums refering to this speficic problem. The only thing I found was here and it's not updated, apparently.

Anyone knows what I'm missing? I cannot believe that this pedal with such great reviews doesn't allow me to use presets I created myself.
VictoriousC137

Re: HELP!

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 23, 2024 4:53 pm

TONEX Pedal uses TONEX (capture) technology, not AmpliTube (modeling) thus your TONEX Pedal will load TONEX Tone Models not AmpliTube presets.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby VictoriousC137 » Wed Oct 23, 2024 11:12 pm

Meaning, if I want to have a preset with, let's say delay, I have to find one? I'm not able to ajust it to my taste?
VictoriousC137

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 24, 2024 12:49 am

VictoriousC137 wrote:Meaning, if I want to have a preset with, let's say delay, I have to find one? I'm not able to ajust it to my taste?

You cannot load AmpliTube presets on TONEX Pedal at all. TONEX Pedal has noise gate, compressor and reverb which you can adjust in the software or on the pedal. There will be an update soon to add some modulation effects, delay, an improved noise gate, and more but those will still be in TONEX, not AmpliTube and you cannot put your AmpliTube 5 presets with AmpliTube effects on your TONEX Pedal.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby JeffSchmitz64 » Sat Oct 26, 2024 1:42 pm

That being the case, the question becomes, how would I go about playing a Tonex Preset (.at5p file) on a real speaker?
JeffSchmitz64

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Oct 27, 2024 5:24 am

JeffSchmitz64 wrote:That being the case, the question becomes, how would I go about playing a Tonex Preset (.at5p file) on a real speaker?

An at5p file would be an AmpliTube preset. You'd need a computer and audio interface in order to play those through a powered speaker, PA, etc.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby JeffSchmitz64 » Sun Oct 27, 2024 12:43 pm

An at5p file would be an AmpliTube preset. You'd need a computer and audio interface in order to play those through a powered speaker, PA, etc.

Is this something people actually do? If not, what is the real use of Amplitube/ToneNet presets?

As a side question, I think it would be helpful if there were different terms for Tonex Presets (Tonex tone models with a few dials changed) that CAN be sent to Tonex Pedal and Amplitube/Tonenet Presets, which can include a whole chain of pedals and can't be sent to a Tonex Pedal. Perhaps there is?

Thanks!
Jeff
JeffSchmitz64

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Oct 27, 2024 3:05 pm

AmpliTube 5 and TONEX are completely different technologies so that is not possible. We are adding FX to TONEX (software and also available on the pedals) in an upcoming free update so you may want to look into that if you want a single pedal with both TONEX Tone Models of amps/cabs/etc plus effects.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby JeffSchmitz64 » Sun Oct 27, 2024 3:26 pm

Just found the youtube on it. that sounds awesome. Will ToneNet support tone models with FX?
JeffSchmitz64

Return to ToneNET preset sharing community