Possible to get the Darkglass distortion sound for bass?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Possible to get the Darkglass distortion sound for bass?

Postby lunatiquerob » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:57 am

I've been trying to tweak the distortion pedals in Amplitube (I have Maxx version), but it seems like nothing comes close to the Darkglass djent distortion sound for bass. If I can't achieve that sound in Amplitube, then I'll have to bite the bullet and either get the Darkglass Ultra plugin, or a hardware pedal.
lunatiquerob

Re: Possible to get the Darkglass distortion sound for bass?

Postby carlaz » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:12 pm

I'm not sure I understand the question. AmpliTube models various kinds of physical gear. Darkglass make cool physical gear (I've eyed their physical pedals/preamps) but none of it is specifically modeled in AmpliTube. If you mess around with AmpliTube and gets sounds that you like -- then, OK! :mrgreen: If you mess around with the Darkglass pedals, amps, or plugins and get sounds that you like -- then, OK! :mrgreen:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby dlgebert » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:42 pm

lunatiquerob wrote:If I can't achieve that sound in Amplitube, then I'll have to bite the bullet and either get the Darkglass Ultra plugin, or a hardware pedal.

Why the hand wringing? Use the tool that works the best and get the plugin that achieves what you are looking for... if the cost is not too prohibitive... :D

Dave
dlgebert

Postby lunatiquerob » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:15 pm

My mentality is that I bought Amplitube MAXX, which is arguably a very comprehensive package of many amps and effects, so logically I'm going to try to use it to replicate whatever sound I desire. But having tried and unable to replicate the Darkglassesque djent distortion for the bass, I thought I'd ask if fellow Amplitube users have had better luck at it. If not, then I'll have to spent the money and buy something else that could do it (either Darkglass Ultra or hardware stuff). I certainly wouldn't by default prefer to spend more money--I'm sure that's the case for most people who aren't filthy rich. :mrgreen:
lunatiquerob

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling