Latency with duo pro and ipad pro

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Latency with duo pro and ipad pro

Postby willholt » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:17 pm

Hi,

I’m a recent convert from line 6 gear and would appreciate any comments on the following setup.

I’ve recently started using a duo with the IK mic, guitar, GarageBand and a latest generation iPad with the usb c interface.

I play guitar and sing to multiple backing tracks in GarageBand. The setup is great in that I can do everything from within GarageBand and be completely portable. I’m having some serious latency issues and I’m not sure what the source is...if I completely switch off all effects there is no latency with direct monitoring but if I put even the slightest hint of processing on any channel the monitoring latency makes the system unusable.

Would buying one of the amplitube effects pack help? Or is there something in the setup that I need to change.

Thanks
willholt

Re: Latency with duo pro and iPad pro

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:23 pm

Hey Willholt,

Thanks for your post.

Please check with our support team for some extra help here. They should be able to help you reduce your latency, since this is controlled by your software.

Contact support here

In the meantime, the following suggestions may help.

• Close all open apps
  • Turn off your iOS device by holding the LOCK and HOME buttons until the Apple logo appears
  • Wait 10 - 20 seconds
  • Turn your iOS device back on
  • Turn OFF WiFi and Bluetooth
  • Turn ON Airplane mode
  • Open AmpliTube
  • Go to the Menu -> Setting
  • Turn NO FEEDBACK ON (For headphone use)
  • Turn Latency to ULTRALOW
  • Turn Auto Sleep OFF
  • Turn Oversampling OFF
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Interfaces & Controllers