Amplitube versus T-Racks Leslie?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube versus T-Racks Leslie?

Postby crysstalized » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:52 pm

I'm happy to see some attention on Leslies. I'm looking forward to adding it, but...

What is the difference between the Amplitube and T-Racks versions? I don't think I can buy the combo, so what is the advantages to buying it either way?
crysstalized

Re: Amplitube versus T-Racks Leslie?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:54 pm

You would only be able to use it in the product you purchased it for, and the interfaces will be slightly different. In the AmpliTube interface you have the flexibility to work with different parts of the chain and different effects worked in, etc and T-RackS has its own interface, chain/workflow as well.

You can find information on each version at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/leslie for full information.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby stefk » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:31 am

hi Peter,
I am also interested in the new Leslie emulation, and was wanting clarification with regard to the two "hosting interfaces"

To me, it is still not clear, as to what are the advantages between the two hosting interfaces.

Is there a diagram or detailed description about the 'pros and cons' of the 2 interfaces?

Is AmpliTube simply more flexible ?

regards,
/Stef
stefk

Postby richhickey » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:29 pm

I agree it is not clear at all the differences between these. I am interested in using Leslie as an ordinary VST/AU plugin in a DAW. Will either work? Do I need Amplitube or T-Racks to use them? (Neither specs page lists prereqs). Is one more suitable as a standalone plugin than the other?
richhickey

Postby DarkStar » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:46 pm

^^^^
Well, all other T-RackS 5 modules can be loaded as individual plug-ins into a host, or into the TR5 Suite plug-in or into the TR5 standalone program. I would expect the T-RackS 5 Leslie to be the same.

But to use it you'll need to install TR5, not just the Leslie module.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby stefk » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:48 am

Still, a clear simple matrix that shows what features are available
Between the hosting frameworks :
a) amplitube custom,
B) amplitube
C) amplitube deluxe
&
D) tracks5

Is what I am interested in seeing.
Possibly one already exist, if so, I hope someone can post a link.

For me.... the information is not clear,
and sounds like other users in forum have raised similar queries.
stefk

Postby DarkStar » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:41 pm

This is my understanding:

T-RackS Leslie:
    -- is a single plug-in, which will run in a DAW, T-RackS 5 (the (free) Custom Shop program or a paid-for edition) or the TR5 Suite plug-in,
    -- the GUI has 3 panels,
    -- the first panel is for the Setup, Amp and EQ controls
    -- the second is for selection of amp (from 5) and cab (from 6) and for mic positioning,
    -- and the third is for mic mixing,
    -- the Amp controls look generic.
AmpliTube Leslie:
    -- is 11 separate gear models: 5 Leslie Amps and 6 Leslie rotary-speaker cabinets
    -- they can only be loaded into the AmpliTube program or plug-in (the free Custom Shop program or a paid-for edition, v4 onwards),
    -- in AT4 CS the Cab Room GUI will look and be simpler (as for other AT cabinet models),
    -- the Amp controls are on each AMP GUI, which look like the different models,
    -- pop-out panels on the Cabs show Cabinet selection, mic mixing, EQ, (and speaker and room browser?),
    -- you can (when released) download full working models from the AmpliTube Custom Shop and try them out free of charge,
    -- I presume that they can be mixed and matched with other AT4 gear models.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby dnr » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:43 pm

It seems that there are no facility for different acceleration or deceleration speeds for the the horn and the drum. (I hope I am wrong.) If this is true it is a major failing given that you won't get the lush chorus effect of the mismatched speeds.
dnr

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling