iRig Pro Duo no MIDI on iPhone 7

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig Pro Duo no MIDI on iPhone 7

Postby dereksandstrom » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:07 pm

I'm trying to get my MIDI keyboard talking with my iPhone 7. Works fine with my old iRig MIDI, only no audio except phone speaker, of course. As you probably know, iPhone 7 eliminated the headphone jack. So, I tried running the MIDI keyboard through my iRig Pro Duo and into my iPhone 7.

The MIDI light on the iRig indicates it "hears" my keyboard, but it won't register on my phone. I hear plenty of clicking in my computer speakers, so I know that the iRig is somehow communicating with my phone. I can also play songs from my phone through the iRig.

All that's failing to happen is the MIDI data getting to the phone. I am assuming that if I can trigger my phone with my MIDI keyboard, that it will send audio out through the iRig. But not without the MIDI.

Please help!!!!!!

(Stupid Apple for getting rid of the audio jack!)
dereksandstrom

Re: iRig Pro Duo no MIDI on iPhone 7

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:08 am

This sounds like your MIDI controller may not be sending data on the same channel that is set in your audio app(s).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dereksandstrom » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:13 pm

I checked that, and tried various channels. All didn't work. But, I can go through the Duo to my Mac with no problem. What else should I try?
dereksandstrom

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:45 pm

dereksandstrom wrote:I checked that, and tried various channels. All didn't work. But, I can go through the Duo to my Mac with no problem. What else should I try?

I would consult IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-sup ... -hardware/ and they can do more detailed troubleshooting and get you up and running.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Steve.hooper » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:05 am

I wonder if it’s a 7 thing as my 7 plus simply refuses to see the IRig MIDI 2 that I’ve just bought.
Steve.hooper

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories