ToneX Audio USB Control Panel Mixer

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

ToneX Audio USB Control Panel Mixer

Postby Farko@63 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:26 am

Hi All

On my Audio USB Control Panel, under Mixer Tab, all mixer Input and Output are all on mute
I discover a great sound of ToneX as Sound Interface but I didn't find how adjust Volume on headphone with software.
Some one can help me ?
Thank you guys !
Farko@63

Re: ToneX Audio USB Control Panel Mixer

Postby Farko@63 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:15 pm

...I tried to change all setting withoout success: always mixer on mute (for the truth is on max volume)

No suggest ? Could you please verify if in your case is the same ?
Farko@63

Postby francois.roudil » Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:21 pm

Hi!

Maybe same problem for me but I am not sure to understand about which "USB Control Panel Mixer" you are talking about...

On my side, i am willing to replace my current audio interface by the Tonex audio interface for use on PC Windows 11. Driver in installed, i tweaked all volumes from Tonex pedal ( Mix in, Interface volume, global volume...) to mix the guitar volume and volume from PC applications but unfortunatly i don't have any access to the Windows volume setting ( in notification bar, the little windows icon of speaker is crossed and volume is set at max without any control)... So, volume of applications is extremely loud !

Anyone have this problem, i missed something ? Thank you !!
francois.roudil

Postby Farko@63 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:06 pm

Yes !!! Same issue correct !!!

Have you Hotone Ampero 2 ? Cause driver seem be the same and could be a conflict.

This is the driver ASIO:
IKMultimediaUsbAudio-TONEX_v5.50.0_2023-02-16_setup

Ciao
Farko@63

Postby francois.roudil » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:17 pm

Good to know it could be a driver conflict and not a 'normal' behavior from Tonex app. I don't have the Hotone Ampero you mention. Did you fixed the problem on your side ? I will investigate on my side

Thanks !
François
francois.roudil

Postby Farko@63 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:52 pm

francois.roudil wrote:Good to know it could be a driver conflict and not a 'normal' behavior from Tonex app. I don't have the Hotone Ampero you mention. Did you fixed the problem on your side ? I will investigate on my side

Thanks !
François

...working on it and seem be missing something of dll drivers...
Farko@63

Postby francois.roudil » Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:17 pm

...working on it and seem be missing something of dll drivers...

Oh OK. I tried to deactivate many things and also unstalling/reinstalling Tonex USB driver but without any success.... Let's know if we find something in further steps.
Thanks again
francois.roudil

Postby Farko@63 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:01 am

^^^
Hi

Today checked USB Audio drivers : TONEX.sys and TONEXks.sys and are installed in the right folder ( I use as reference Hotone driver that work in the same way)
So seem be is not released by driver missing.
Under hardware list on windows on event driver of toneX I found:

Il dispositivo TUSBAUDIO_ENUM\VID_1963&PID_0068&MI_02&KS\9&562ec00&4&0002 richiede un'ulteriore installazione.

Seem be the hardware require another install but I just did it...and don't know if this is the issue...
Farko@63

Postby francois.roudil » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:12 am

Hello!

I noticed this yesterday evening while searching potential problems in the device manager of Windows. I confirm I have the same. In the device manager, I found 3 separate lines :

In line "Controlers audio,video & games" , device TONEX : In properties/events I have the same information you found and in the list of events, the last event is " device not started: IKMultimediaUsbAudio-TONEXks.

In line "Input Output Audio" i have devices (speaker Tonex, line Tonex, Microphone Tonex) but without any apparent issues

In line "IKMultimedia USB audio device"/TONEX I have also same error than previous about installation not completed...

So, I wrote already to support IK to explain the problem, hoping they will help because it seems we are only 2 in the world to have such issue :-)
francois.roudil

Postby Farko@63 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:25 am

^^^
...for the truth the support answer me that PedalX is not an audio Interface ( no correct cause in setup u are able to use as audio interface) and closed my ticket... :(
Anyway I am not so sure : probably other guys is using the ToneX just as pedal.
Farko@63

Postby Farko@63 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:17 pm

^^^
windows 10 normal user.
Farko@63

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:51 pm

Tickets are marked closed when the support rep replies but aren't considered fully complete until they assist you to completion.

Also, they did not say TONEX Pedal was not an audio interface. They said that's exactly what it was designed for, but not as a generic Windows sound card - it is made for music/production uses in a DAW/music software/etc.

Since you are both working with support and this thread has needed too much cleanup and clarification of misconstrued information and this forum isn't a medium for direct tech support, it is locked but rest assured IK Support will continue to assist you with your technical issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers