SampleMoog and SampleTron- no registration possible

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleMoog and SampleTron- no registration possible

Postby tom_hansen » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:28 am

Hi,

My old iMac crashed in 2015. Recently I have bought a refurbished iMac. On this old "new" one is OS X 10.8.5 installed (Even wanted 10.6.8, just to be sure that the old software will run, especially Logic Express as DAW)

Time Machine back up (external drive) from the old iMac has been transferred successfully. DAW with the old projects runs flawless. Except that IK Multimedia products are running in demo mode for 10 days only now. When using them "Product Authorization Wizard" starts and asks for registration. Serial Number and Digital Id are shown, when I click "Register On Line": requested URL not found. When I click next then, it shows the Authorization Code that is identical with the one listed in my account/user area, but Authorization Wizard says: Authorization Code does not match Serial Number and Digital Id.

Maybe some of the forum members have had a similar experience, any help is very appreciated. Thanks.

BR, tom hansen
tom_hansen

Re: SampleMoog and SampleTron- no registration possible

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:50 pm

Other users may chip in with suggestions.

According to this FAQ, the old Authorization Manager will authorize older products:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1384
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/registration/
But I see that some, including SampleMoog etc are Discontinued - it looks like the second link has an authorization method.

If that does not work, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.

Please let us know how you get on. That will help others.

Also, if you can, you might Import those older libraries into SampleTank 3; then you can use them in SampleTank 3 or SampleTank 4.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby tom_hansen » Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:17 pm

Thanks for your quick reply @DarkStar

1. I tried to register under: "Discontinued Products"/second link. (Although the product list on the website is somewhat unclear, it says:
...SampleMoog and SampleTron included in your Total Workstation Rack... )
I do have SampleMoog and SampleTron as single stand alone products. Does it matter? I don't know.
Anyway, when I fill in Serial Number and Digital ID it says: "The provided serial number requires IK Product Manager to be registered"

2. Checked Mac system requirements for IK Product Manager: macOS 10.10 or later (..I have 10.8.5)

3. Instead I downloaded IK Authorization Manager then, just for the sake of it and because it is usable from macOS X 10.4 on. Successfully authorized SampleMoog. In my IK user area/my products there is a 2nd authorization entry from today (still 8 left for further experiments..) But when I open SampleMoog in my DAW it still appears unauthorized.

I am not able to get this thing running, neither with Authorization "Wizard" nor with the Authorization Manager.

4. Thanks for the tip to use the sound banks in SampleTank. But I guess that would produce a lot of reconstruction work then. I have maybe 100 old projects where SampleMoog+Tron sounds with individual settings were used. And besides, wouldn't be an IK authorization also be required then?

I have contacted the support, but I am afraid that it will take weeks (from my experience) to get a reply. In the meantime, I would be grateful for any relevant information from forum members.
tom_hansen

Postby tom_hansen » Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:50 pm

--------------- PROBLEM SOLVED -----------------

Maybe somebody will have the same problem in the future, here is the way:

1. Download Authorization Manager (you don't need IK Product Manager!), there still is a version for macOS older than 10.9.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... php?p=info

2. Start the program and authorize your product via serial number

3. New authorization appears in your account userarea/my-products, it has a new Digital ID and a new Authorization Code

4. Start IK product and run "Authorization Wizard", select "Use existing Authorization Code", replace the old with the new one

5. Finish
tom_hansen

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:06 am

Good catch :) That will certainly help other users.

How did you find that solution (especially as the on-line method that I pointed to did not work)?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby tom_hansen » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:11 am

Trial and error - and a good portion of persistence :)

You were right, the old Authorization Wizard is actually still working, but you cannot request a New Authorization out if it. When it comes to "On Line Registration" and you click that link it leads to a page "not found".
For a new authorization on an old system one needs: Wizard + Authorization Manager + user area/my products
tom_hansen

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More