'ST4 Imported' Library has download symbol...

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

'ST4 Imported' Library has download symbol...

Postby Timo2019 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:29 pm

'ST4 Imported' Library has 'download' symbol under library tab in Sampletank 4 max. All other content installed and authorized without issue. When clicking 'download' button for 'ST4 Imported' library, it goes to 'My Products' page on IK's site. My question is how/where do I go from there? Thx
Timo2019

Re: 'ST4 Imported' Library has download symbol...

Postby LordPeter » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 pm

I only just bought Total Studio 4 Max and had exactly the same problem after making a mess of installation.

This answer will be no use to you after such a long time, but it may help someone else:
Just create an empty folder called "Imported Instruments" in your SampleTank 4 folder.

(This is where imported instruments are kept and Sample Tank expects it to have been created during installation which is why it directs you to install information.)
LordPeter

Postby Timo2019 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 pm

Thank you
Timo2019

Postby ponyboysa42 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:03 pm

Which sample tank location. There is more than one destination. One in library and one for users. Library I’d assume?
ponyboysa42

Postby LordPeter » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:37 pm

I don't think I have a user folder so it must be the library folder. The "Imported Instruments" folder I created is in the same folder as a lot of other Sample Tank folders including "Library Info", "Library Resources" - hopefully you can identify the correct folder from there?
LordPeter

Postby ponyboysa42 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:00 pm

There are a lot of folders n it’s really confusing. I can find them I just wish I knew the rules to plugins. Just got a new computer. And I have studio max. So it’s been a process. Wanted to put on a flash but I’m told that’s a bad idea. Very low success rate according to….the internet!
ponyboysa42

Postby LordPeter » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:10 pm

It's quite tricky to get it all working perfectly, but don't give up - it's worth it in the long run, and you'll learn a lot about how it all fits together if you keep at it!

And Studio Max is an absolutely huge product - I probably won't use a fraction of it, but it's nice to explore what's there, and incredible value when you see how much there is.

Good luck and happy music-making!
LordPeter

Postby ponyboysa42 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:26 pm

Yeah I’m just being a greedy bitch. I can justify the modo stuff the AmpliTube n TRacks! But the other stuff I just want it cause it’s mine!

I’m getting spoiled. Never had this quick reaction with anything IK related especially not customer service! It’s almost like I’m dealing with Akai!
ponyboysa42

Postby LordPeter » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:28 pm

I konw what you mean about being greedy :-) I didn't <need> Sample Tank but I got disappointed when I couldn't get the installer to put everything in the exact right place and just wanted it to be perfect. All seems to be fine now, so I just need to get round to reviewing all the stuff that's in there - that could take me a long, long, long time!
LordPeter

Postby ponyboysa42 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:03 pm

It sounds like u enjoy “menuesha” just like me. Just got a “new” 2019 iMac to replace the 2013 I found in my dad’s garage that runs my music stuff slower but more stable than new game pcs. I just rolled back the OS on old one so I can use it as a second display. I already had 2 crappy ones I also found in dads garage that were perfectly adequate but I wanted to make iMac into second display cause it beautiful and people said “It’s not possible!” Once I finish wiring it all up neatly n downloading i suppose I should actually start making music. But ill prob just only use the mpc instruments accept the pianos in sampletank.
ponyboysa42

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More