Sunset Studio Reverb and T Racks 5 Questions [Resolved]

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Sunset Studio Reverb and T Racks 5 Questions [Resolved]

Postby jmartinez990 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:51 pm

Hi everyone! I am a new customer for IK Multimedia who just bought the Sunset Studio Reverb plugin by itself a couple of days ago. I was wondering if there was any way I could only install the Sunset Studio Reverb by itself without having every other T-Racks plugin appear in my DAW. I would hate to not use it and uninstall T Racks and the Sunset Studio Plugin from my computer because I already have a lot of plugins and have other T Racks plugins appear in my plugin lists is hindering my workflow. I wanted to buy T-Racks 5 Max because they're selling it for a low price, but if this is an issue I think I'll have to refrain from using T-Racks and Sunset Studio Reverb.

I tried looking to youtube and google all over to see if there was a solution but there wasn't any, I have a Mac and tried to get rid of files and other traces of the other plugins and they still appeared, so I decided to just uninstall all of them. Until I find a solution to this issue I'll just refrain from using them which is a shame because I was really liking what IK Multimedia has to offer.

Thank you for your help!
jmartinez990

Re: Sunset Studio Reverb and T Racks 5 Questions

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:58 pm

There is a single TR5 installer and it installs everything.

In some DAWs you can hide specific plug-ins. Or, I believe, some users have moved the (VST) plug-in files out of the folders scanned by the DAW.

But, if you get TR5 MAX you will have nearly all of the gear models anyway.

--------------------
PS: it would be best to change your Account Name away from an email address, to minimise the chance of it being harvested by web bots and you receiving all sorts of 'special offers', bank account verification requests, Internet Disconnection notifications, Amazon Prime renewals, Ray-Ban sunglasses, tax refunds etc from all over the place for years and years. You can change it here.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jmartinez990 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:04 am

Thank you for your reply! And for the additional advice on the username! :)

I use Pro Tools, is there any chance you'd know how to hide the plugins on Pro tools or how to hide the VST plugin files for Pro Tools? If not is there anywhere you could refer me to that has steps to do this? Thank you for your incredibly helpful reply!
jmartinez990

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:17 am

Sorry, never used it. maybe a Pro Tools user will chip in.

Googling "Pro Tools hide plug-ins" seems to suggest moving them to some "Unused" folder. Proceed at your own risk.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jmartinez990 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:27 am

Thank you! It's a risk I'll have to try! :) Update to come!

Once again thank you for your help!
jmartinez990

Postby jmartinez990 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:16 am

It worked! Hopefully, any others having this problem can see this, and hopefully, it helps them out!! This is for Pro Tools on Mac!

Steps:

All I did was go to Finder, then on the icon with the house where it says your username, right-click and press "Show in enclosing folder", then when it says users on the top bar do the same thing "show in enclosing folder", then click LIbrary, then Application support, Avid, Audio, and there should be 2 plug in folders, on labeled "Plug-Ins" and one labeled "Plug-INs (Unused)".

Go into Plugins and Highlight all the plug-ins you don't want to show up in pro tools. I personally dragged them to the desktop and then went into the plugins unused folder where I re-dragged them from the desktop into the unused folder. This fixes the problem!

I assume for anyone who buys one of the plugins you moved into the unsued folder will have to move it back into the Plugin folder where it originally was, but I'll test it and let you know!

Also for anyone that finds my steps hard to follow, here is what I followed on google!

Where are Pro Tools plugins stored on Mac?

To find where your Pro Tools plugins are stored for macOS, follow the steps below.
Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Avid > Audio > Plug-Ins (AAX)

There was also this in the instructions but it didn't apply to the solution, not sure why it was included but here it is in case it helps anyone!

Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Digidesign > Plug-Ins (RTAS & TDM)

Once again thank you for your help and hope this helps everyone that has been having a hard time with this!
jmartinez990

Re: Sunset Studio Reverb and T Racks 5 Questions [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:18 pm

Good oh! :)

Thank you for posting what worked for you; that will certainly point others in the right direction. At their own risk, of course.

PS When you update TR5 , you'll need to do it again.

--------------------------

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox