MODO Bass: missed / sustained notes

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO Bass: missed / sustained notes

Postby JWParenteau » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:58 am

[Mod: split from "Official MODO Bass Wish List!" for clarity]

Not missing notes or going crazy during sequencing sessions. I find that MODO bass sometimes misses notes or sustains sequenced notes and just goes off playing random junk for no reason. These are not a result of my hardware, I bought a gaming computer to be able to handle IK's plug-ins.

These sorts of oversights lead me to believe IK doesn't thoroughly test their VSTs.

I was really hoping the update had addressed these but they are still there.
HP Pavilion dk-0x|256 GB M.2|1TB SSD|1660 Ti|16GB RAM
FL 20|Tracktion Waveform 11|Cubase Pro 10
JWParenteau

Re: MODO Bass: missed / sustained notes

Postby DarkStar » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:01 pm

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby rafalek111 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:38 pm

I have to connect to this problem. MODO BASS sometimes generates long notes, sometimes is missing notes. It is really annoying. I have rendered only single MIDI track and make a new project only for MODO BASS with hope it will help, but it not has helped. I use Cubase Elements 9. Now i don't know what to do. I'll be grateful for help.
rafalek111

Postby JWParenteau » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:55 am

I've created a support ticket.

To clarify, MODO Bass doesn't play wrong notes (in most situations), it misses them or sustains them.

Often during sequencing sessions, after recording or programming piano roll data, MODO Bass misses random notes or will sustain random notes. Missing notes will also happen with live input, whether from MIDI controller or "typing keys to piano" function of FL Studio.

Sometimes, when working on other channels and auditioning MODO Bass along side them, MODO Bass will go off playing random notes faster than the data sent to MODO Bass; like some sort of artificial intelligence bass solo. I am uncertain if these are "wrong notes" or a type of build up in a buffer of previous notes.

I have yet to notice these inconsistencies make their way into an exported/rendered track.

Hopefully the community will see a patch in the near future, because MODO Bass is a great virtual instrument.

Best regards
JWParenteau

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:18 pm

Oops. I have amended the thread title.

Technical Support is the best path to follow, especially if either of you can send them a small project which demonstrates the problem.

Or can you upload a MIDI file that demonstrates the problem to somwhere safe, so that other users can try it out?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby JWParenteau » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:36 pm

I've discovered that using the "Fixed Buffer Sizes" on the FL Studio wrapper remedies this complication, although, it adds a bit more latency to live auditioning.

I'm uncertain how this can be achieved in other DAWs.

Thanks for any consideration.
JWParenteau

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:46 pm

Good find. :)

Please pass that extra info to Support. It may help them to reach a good solution for all affected users.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby JWParenteau » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:12 pm

DarkStar wrote:Good find. :)

Please pass that extra info to Support. It may help them to reach a good solution for all affected users.

They were the first ones I responded too.
JWParenteau

Postby TheDirector4 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:00 am

I'm having the exact same issue as mentioned above. Did the "Fixed Buffer" work for you or did tech support suggest something else?
TheDirector4

Postby JWParenteau » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:11 am

TheDirector4 wrote:I'm having the exact same issue as mentioned above. Did the "Fixed Buffer" work for you

Yes, however, FL Studio seems to have a bug where it doesn't report the latency created by "Fixed Buffer" at export for iZoptope Nectar. I haven't done any testing to see if this affects MODO Bass.

I created a bug report with Image Line.

TheDirector4 wrote: or did tech support suggest something else?

We are not allowed to share the correspondence we had with the tech support team.
JWParenteau

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:44 pm

^^^
The main reason for not quoting directly replies from Support is that the advice is specific to your particular problem and, if followed by other users could compromise or even damage their systems.

If you have a similar-looking problem, it is best to contact Support yourself for some individual advice.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby BSHOALS » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:05 am

Been following this thread for a while and I use Fl Studio. I have literally had this note skipping and random sustained notes issue for a couple of years to the point I stopped using the plugin. However, I found a solution on Reddit and it hasn't skipped/sustained a note yet. :D

SOLUTION FOR FL STUDIO USERS:
Turn on "Align tick lengths" in the Audio Settings tab in the CPU field.

Go to Options > Audio Tab > CPU section > Click the radio button "Align tick lengths"
BSHOALS

Postby TheDirector4 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:01 am

Thank you!
TheDirector4

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS