I want to demo a few CS plugins within my daw?

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

I want to demo a few CS plugins within my daw?

Postby Scottythesnotty1 » Sun May 16, 2021 3:23 pm

I downloaded the ik multimedia product manager, and proceeded to install custom shop..
within this I selected "try" for the space echo, and a time count down appeared
theres no sign of any type of download happening, why is this? cant they be used within a DAW?

im a bit confused to why is not just select download and demo
help appreciated
Scottythesnotty1

Re: I want to demo a few CS plugins within my daw?

Postby DarkStar » Sun May 16, 2021 3:36 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

The Custom Shop program is just that - a shopping application where you can buy or select products to try out. It does not contain those products.

Space Delay https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trspacedelay/ is a module within the T-Racks 5 ("TR5") product. To try it out you need to use the iKPM to download and install T-Racks 5. The installer installs a standalone TR5 program and the TR5 plug-ins. NB: All the other TR5 modules will be installed too.

From the Custom Shop Help:
Every item in the Custom Shop has its own independent trial period, 72 hours for AmpliTube gear and 14 days for T-RackS gear. Once the trial time has expired, the item will become locked and a trial expired icon will appear beside its card in the gear menu making it unusable.

NOTE: You must have the Custom Shop window open in order to try out the various gear models. If the Custom Shop window is not open, the gear model will emit a noise every few seconds. This is only the case for models that you are trying out. Once you have purchased a gear model, you do not need to have the Custom Shop window open.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Scottythesnotty1 » Sun May 16, 2021 3:39 pm

oh ok, i prob rushed it a bit earlier and got confused thanks
Scottythesnotty1

Postby DarkStar » Sun May 16, 2021 4:04 pm

No problem :) It can get a bit confusing for newcomers. If you get stuck, just come back and ask.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox