Official SampleTank Mac/PC Wish List!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonik Synth, SampleMoog, SampleTron, Xpansion Tank series and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Official SampleTank Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby anilnc » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:46 pm

In folder view, it automatically selects either one library instead of all libraries on the left column. So when St4 is selected, I again see another st4 folder at the bottom of instrument folders.
Hackintosh High Sierra/Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2018 i7, 16GB.
Cubase 10.5, RME UCX, MSI 1050gtx GamingX 2G, Nektar P4, PadKontrol
anilnc

Postby rj.gray » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:02 am

Please allow Sampletank to act as a MIDI source for other plugins. The Strummer is very useful but if I ever decide I want the same pattern in a different instrument I have to manually recreate it.

I don't know what the technical term for it is but many other companies' instruments appear as MIDI input sources in my DAW so if they have Arpeggiators (like Komplete Kontrol, Sektor, Cthulhu, Scaler, and countless others) I can trigger other instruments with them.

This would be greatly appreciated, though after scanning through the long list of other requests that are waiting I won't hold my breath.
rj.gray

Postby starfox83 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:36 pm

I have a few suggestions (in order of priority that I would like to see)
* Ability to assign/unassign sustain pedal events to individual parts in a multi (this would allow me to layer multiple sounds and have the sustain be ignored for some, especially for arpeggiated parts during live performance)
* Ability to have a special "instrument" that is really just a live sampling of an assigned input on the computer. This would allow me to run a microphone into the FX chain (reverb, filters, etc) as a part (useful for using a microphone during live performance to add reverb in software along with the instrument)
* Ability for ST4 to act as a virtual MIDI device (this would allow me to use any MIDI sequencer to send MIDI events to ST4 software directly as a MIDI device)
starfox83

Postby ZvezdiTV » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:44 am

Is it possible to add iRig Pads Full intergration in SampleTank4 for Mac as it was in SampleTank3 ?
Thanks!
ZvezdiTV

Postby DjPatoche » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:04 pm

Hello,

I recently bought Total Studio 2 Max, It is a very GOOD product but the GUI of SampleTank is not very very readable on a Retina screen.

[mod redacted]

Thank you for your passion and your hard work. :)
DjPatoche

Saving Multis

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:28 pm

SampleTank 4 can load Multis from several folders, including the sub-folder in Documents and from the Multis folders in the ST4 and ST3 sounds libraries.

But it saves Multis only in the Documents folder (or a sub-folder therein). It would be valuable If we could save them into the Multis folder in the ST4 sounds library too. (If I select that folder in the Save dialogue I get an "Invalid Disk Path" error.)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby DDemase1174 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:50 pm

It would be nice to see SampleTank 3 and/or the Xpansion Libraries be updated to work on OS Catalina (or better yet, Big Sur), or even see brand new, compatible Xpansion Libraries replace the older ones, so that people that have the newer OSes already installed don't have to downgrade to an older OS to install ST3/the libraries.
DDemase1174

Postby bdezlife » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:23 pm

Couple items from me:

I'd really love to get my vintage SampleMoog and SampleTron libraries to work in ST4. I'm on Big Sur and don't have access to another machine, so I can't do the SampleTank 3 trick.

The other thing I would LOVE is for there to be an investment in optimizations. Loading the UI takes about 4 or 5 seconds on my 2019 16" MPB - the latest 16" MBP available. With some research there could be many ways to improvement performance between SSE, AVX, load balancing, etc.
bdezlife

Postby Chrisk-K » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:20 pm

The current "dark text on darker background" color scheme makes it very uncomfortable to work with ST4. There is absolutely no reason to use the current color scheme as indicated in many reviews. Please make text/buttons/faders, etc. "more visible." Or, give us a "light mode."
Chrisk-K

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More