Official SampleTank Mac/PC Wish List!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Official SampleTank Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby anilnc » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:46 pm

In folder view, it automatically selects either one library instead of all libraries on the left column. So when St4 is selected, I again see another st4 folder at the bottom of instrument folders.
ST4, Syn2, Syn1, iLoud Micro
Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2017 i7, 16GB. macOS Monterey
Cubase 12, RME UCX, MSI 1050gtx GamingX 2G, Nektar P4, PadKontrol
anilnc

Postby rj.gray » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:02 am

Please allow Sampletank to act as a MIDI source for other plugins. The Strummer is very useful but if I ever decide I want the same pattern in a different instrument I have to manually recreate it.

I don't know what the technical term for it is but many other companies' instruments appear as MIDI input sources in my DAW so if they have Arpeggiators (like Komplete Kontrol, Sektor, Cthulhu, Scaler, and countless others) I can trigger other instruments with them.

This would be greatly appreciated, though after scanning through the long list of other requests that are waiting I won't hold my breath.
rj.gray

Postby starfox83 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:36 pm

I have a few suggestions (in order of priority that I would like to see)
* Ability to assign/unassign sustain pedal events to individual parts in a multi (this would allow me to layer multiple sounds and have the sustain be ignored for some, especially for arpeggiated parts during live performance)
* Ability to have a special "instrument" that is really just a live sampling of an assigned input on the computer. This would allow me to run a microphone into the FX chain (reverb, filters, etc) as a part (useful for using a microphone during live performance to add reverb in software along with the instrument)
* Ability for ST4 to act as a virtual MIDI device (this would allow me to use any MIDI sequencer to send MIDI events to ST4 software directly as a MIDI device)
starfox83

Postby ZvezdiTV » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:44 am

Is it possible to add iRig Pads Full intergration in SampleTank4 for Mac as it was in SampleTank3 ?
Thanks!
ZvezdiTV

Postby Vintle » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:04 pm

Hello,

I recently bought Total Studio 2 Max, It is a very GOOD product but the GUI of SampleTank is not very very readable on a Retina screen.

[mod redacted]

Thank you for your passion and your hard work. :)
Vintle

Saving Multis

Postby DarkStar » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:28 pm

SampleTank 4 can load Multis from several folders, including the sub-folder in Documents and from the Multis folders in the ST4 and ST3 sounds libraries.

But it saves Multis only in the Documents folder (or a sub-folder therein). It would be valuable If we could save them into the Multis folder in the ST4 sounds library too. (If I select that folder in the Save dialogue I get an "Invalid Disk Path" error.)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby DDemase1174 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:50 pm

It would be nice to see SampleTank 3 and/or the Xpansion Libraries be updated to work on OS Catalina (or better yet, Big Sur), or even see brand new, compatible Xpansion Libraries replace the older ones, so that people that have the newer OSes already installed don't have to downgrade to an older OS to install ST3/the libraries.
DDemase1174

Postby bdezlife » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:23 pm

Couple items from me:

I'd really love to get my vintage SampleMoog and SampleTron libraries to work in ST4. I'm on Big Sur and don't have access to another machine, so I can't do the SampleTank 3 trick.

The other thing I would LOVE is for there to be an investment in optimizations. Loading the UI takes about 4 or 5 seconds on my 2019 16" MPB - the latest 16" MBP available. With some research there could be many ways to improvement performance between SSE, AVX, load balancing, etc.
bdezlife

Postby Chrisk-K » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:20 pm

The current "dark text on darker background" color scheme makes it very uncomfortable to work with ST4. There is absolutely no reason to use the current color scheme as indicated in many reviews. Please make text/buttons/faders, etc. "more visible." Or, give us a "light mode."
Chrisk-K

Postby djasinc » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:17 pm

Buenas tardes,

El sample tank 4 y el Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE que están de promociòn, funcionan en windows 7, 64 bits, protools 12 HD?
djasinc

Ability to change the colours of the Sampletank 4 gui

Postby Promidi » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:41 pm

Can we please have the ability to change the colours/brightness and contrast of the Sampletank 4 GUI.
Promidi

Postby bdezlife » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:55 pm

There are a handful of places where the menus could really use previous and next arrow buttons, for example the arp and phraser.
bdezlife

Postby ojaix01@gmail.com » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:02 pm

I would like to see a clearer or sharper GUI display especially for the text on the edit pages. They look really dull and hard to see even on a widescreen. If possible we should have color options too for the background and the text.
ojaix01@gmail.com

Postby jbrown3318 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:04 pm

Dufay wrote:Color scheme..the current one is dark, depressing, and practically ineligible!
I think a lot of people have asked for this..can it be that hard to comply?

I would have to agree with this one. I emailed support today. It's been two years since your post, and the IK developers have not budged yet. This used to be an option in ST2. We're not asking for a barrage of options, just at least one or two options to lighten the GUI background or something. I hope IK Multimedia takes this seriously.

I haven't been using Sampletank much because of it. Not sure if I will update after this version, and instead use my other options that I have been, unless this changes.

Software audio developers need to understand the needs of professionals more. Most producers spend long hours in front of their panels. Overlooked features like this become taxing on the eyes, overall creative mood, and comfort zone during composing.

How about it, IK Multimedia :?:

Could those interested please submit an actual Support message like I did? I feel that if enough people complain through that route, in addition to the forum, we might actually get a result.
jbrown3318

Postby Trensharo » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:42 pm

1. Need an option to set folder view as the default. The category/tag view is nice for those that prefer it, but I am not one of those people. Many instrument names are similar and/or very long, so I need to be able to reliably gauge what library/module a patch belongs to with minimal thought invested. The default keeps changing back to tag navigation, and it takes seconds for ST4 to switch over.

2. I second those asking for a lighter GUI option. The level of contrast in the UI can make it hard to read for some.

3. Resizing the UI is still a bit buggy. Things become a mess easily. Pressing maximize on the window results in a blurry GUI (doesn’t scale properly).

- I am also done buying IKM libraries until they start delivering them with better compression. They eat SSD storage and the dollars you have to pay to buy more of it. This needs to be addressed - across their entire product line. If NI can cram 320GB of content into 200GB (Komplete 13) and still load patches faster than ST4, there is a way IKM can do it better. The compression is not amazing, and the load times are way slower than both Kontakt and HALion.

This has bumped ST4 down to “last option” status for me, as this causes projects that use it to take longer to load when opened, etc.

I also think it can use some better memory management.

The Cinekinetic libraries look interesting, but not for 20GB of SSD storage. Please… better compression.
Trensharo

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More