Apologies to IK and wrong speakers

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Apologies to IK and wrong speakers

Postby ski88keys » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:00 pm

All,

Just wanted to apologize and say thank you to IK Support. I have been pretty vocal about my issues with ST4 Acoustic Pianos, which I believed was a problem with the samples. After one of my complaints, Peter actually replied with the process and piano used for the sampling by IK. After a few of my posts were deleted, I was getting very frustrated with IK and Peter.

In the meantime, support contacted me and mentioned a few nuances which I am aware of, but didn’t really think about when in my studio. I moved to Germany a few years ago, have minimal space for my setup, and have issues with converting power for my US spec equipment. Because of the power issue, I was using full range PA speakers as my monitors. In my mind, I thought it would be just overkill. But, I didn’t think about how close the speakers were to each other and how that affected what I was hearing.

To make a long store short, I switched out the speakers, as I should have done from the beginning, with studio monitors, and wouldn’t you know it, everything sounds the way I would’ve hoped...So again, apologies to IK and Peter...and also, thank you for your patience and assistance in resolving this issue.
- SampleTank 3 and 4 Max, Total Studio 3, Komplete Ultimate, Studio One 3 Professional, Cantabile, + various sound and effects plug-ins
- I7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
- Kurzweil PC2, MKii 61, Focusrite 2i2
ski88keys

Re: Apologies to IK and wrong speakers

Postby DarkStar » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:44 pm

ski88keys,

That is very gracious of you. And, I am sure, we all have, and will continue to have,similar moments.

I'm pleased to hear that you are now up and running. :)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Apologies to IK and wrong speakers

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:09 pm

Agreeing with DarkStar here, and I was told that our support rep was taking care of you and relayed why some posts were moved (in order to avoid confusion, and to let that process find its way) but I'm not sure that information may have made it your way. I assume they were laser-focused on fixing the issue as that's in their wheelhouse, as a priority over being messengers for me :)

In the future we'll all communicate this way [edit - or better than this way noting the slight miscommunication above], I am glad to see the sense of community and note that we all strive to continjeu to improve - users, moderators, admins, IK as a whole, etc.

Good oh! (as DarkStar says)

Prost! (as ski88keys says)

:)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More