ST4 Installation Trick?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST4 Installation Trick?

Postby cpettingill » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:52 am

With Sample Tank 3, it seemed like if I had the install files all unzipped to the same folder and then ran the install for one of the install files, the content from all of them would be installed(?) with a few exceptions ... for example, this wouldn't automatically install the Miroslav stuff.

However, with ST4, it's seeming like I have to run each and every install individually? Is there an easier way or something I'm missing?
cpettingill

Re: ST4 Installation Trick?

Postby garfy » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:05 am

Hi there.

cpettingill wrote:However, with ST4, it's seeming like I have to run each and every install individually? Is there an easier way or something I'm missing?

No, I'm afraid this is how the installation of the sound content takes place. It has been the same in all of the IK sample based software such as Syntronik, MP2 and indeed ST3.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby cpettingill » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:31 am

Ok thanks. I guess I better go back and (re-)install all of my ST3 stuff as well, because I didn't run every single install file for that.
cpettingill

Postby paul_simpson » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:31 pm

So basically I have to download each folder into instruments folder, double click to install for every file?
I will be doing this for the whole weekend day AND night.
Whats doing????
paul_simpson

Postby cpettingill » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:06 pm

I did some more testing ... for ST3 it did (sort of) work how I initially posted. As long as you extracted all of the downloaded .zip files into the same folder running a single install would install the content from many of the downloads. On windows, there was prompts about whether or not to merge the extracted content into existing folders and I said this was ok.

I had to run one of the install for Miroslav Philharmonik separately, and then I think ST3 CE (?) and one install from a newer expansion also had to be run to get everything.

Unfortunately with ST4, this approach didn't seem to work at all. I still unzipped every ST4 download into the same folder, but I had to run each and every install file individually to get the content installed.
cpettingill

Postby paul_simpson » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:18 am

Could I please get some help in how to obtain the install guide?
Can’t seem to get it anywhere. Many thanks
paul_simpson

Postby garfy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:25 pm

paul_simpson wrote:Could I please get some help in how to obtain the install guide?
Can’t seem to get it anywhere. Many thanks

In your download for ST4 there will be an install guide for the app, so follow that.

Once the app is installed, you will need to install each of the sound content downloads from your User Area individually using the included installer. If you are installing to the default location, you can just let the installer get on automatically. If you are installing the sound content to a secondary or external drive you will need to tell the installer where to put the content.

Once all the content is installed, open ST4 and ensure that the app is pointing to the location of the sound content (Under Settings>Sound Content)

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More