Sampletank 4 - Correct installation process needed!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank 4 - Correct installation process needed!

Postby whitealbum » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:12 pm

MY ST4 installation didn't work

I need help:
What is the correct installation process of ST4?

I'm also a ST3 user, and i want to use my ST3 files and samples as well, legacy imported samples like Sampletron and so on as well?

So what is the correct installation process?
Thanks!
whitealbum

Re: Sampletank 4 - Correct installation process needed!

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:51 pm

The installers (application and sound library) should each contain a short installation & authorization manual for your reference.

The process would be to download and install SampleTank (currently 4.0.2) from your IK User Area and authorize using Authorization Manager (the serial number to do so is available also in your IK User Area).

Next, download the sound library installers from your IK User Area (click the Sound Download button under SampleTank 4) that are listed in the dropdown.

Unzip/uncompress each of those, and run the installer in each.

Download and run the sound library update (currently 1.2) in your IK User Area, should also be listed in the dropdown mentioned above.

That is the process.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:52 pm

To use your SampleTank 3 content, point to it in the Settings of SampleTank 4. Note that SampleTank 4 can point to multiple library locations and that this setting can also be found in the User Manual contained in the installer and installed with the product (as well as via your IK User Area directly).
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:53 pm

Also, there are some who have tried to install SampleTank 4 sound library content into their SampleTank 3 sound library location which is not recommended at all and not a good idea. If you've done so, you'll want to contact IK Support directly to help clear that all up.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby whitealbum » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:28 pm

Peter_IK wrote:The installers (application and sound library) should each contain a short installation & authorization manual for your reference.

The process would be to download and install SampleTank (currently 4.0.2) from your IK User Area and authorize using Authorization Manager (the serial number to do so is available also in your IK User Area).

Next, download the sound library installers from your IK User Area (click the Sound Download button under SampleTank 4) that are listed in the dropdown.

Unzip/uncompress each of those, and run the installer in each.

Download and run the sound library update (currently 1.2) in your IK User Area, should also be listed in the dropdown mentioned above.

That is the process.

Yepp just exactly did it like you wrote!
whitealbum

Postby whitealbum » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:29 pm

Peter_IK wrote:To use your SampleTank 3 content, point to it in the Settings of SampleTank 4. Note that SampleTank 4 can point to multiple library locations and that this setting can also be found in the User Manual contained in the installer and installed with the product (as well as via your IK User Area directly).

Did it as well, ST3 sounds were found except the imported legacy libraries...
whitealbum

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:30 pm

As advised elsewhere, you'll need to get IK Support officially involved to see what's happening in your case.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby whitealbum » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:32 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Also, there are some who have tried to install SampleTank 4 sound library content into their SampleTank 3 sound library location which is not recommended at all and not a good idea. If you've done so, you'll want to contact IK Support directly to help clear that all up.

ST4 got its own path Sampletank4, i didn't install it in the ST3 path.
whitealbum

Postby whitealbum » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:59 pm

Peter_IK wrote:As advised elsewhere, you'll need to get IK Support officially involved to see what's happening in your case.

Ticket is created !
whitealbum

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:16 pm

whitealbum wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Also, there are some who have tried to install SampleTank 4 sound library content into their SampleTank 3 sound library location which is not recommended at all and not a good idea. If you've done so, you'll want to contact IK Support directly to help clear that all up.

ST4 got its own path Sampletank4, i didn't install it in the ST3 path.

Great, I figured from your description you hadn't but for others reading this it may be useful :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby k_sac01 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:12 pm

I finally got my installation working by uninstalling both ST4 and ST3, installing all sound files first, authorizing BOTH ST4 AND ST3 (Custom Shop Free Sounds), then installing both programs - ST4 and ST3 Custom Shop.

I had a left-over directory structure from my old original install of ST3 Custom Shop where ST4 installed on top of:

POSSIBLE BAD DIRECTORY STRUCTURE:
Samples\Sampletank4\Samples..
Samples\ [Contained ST3 Sound directories]
Samples\SampleTank4\Samples [Contained SampleTank4 Sound Directories]

I completely deleted the old install of ST3 and got a new directory structure -
CURRENT WORKING DIRECTORY (The same except for SampleTank 4 Sound Directories):

Samples\SampleTank4 [This is now the root directory for ST4 Sound Files]

Whether or not this caused the problem I was having, don't know, but it is working for me now. The problem I was having was that the SoundTank program showed the sound files as locked, even though both programs were properly authorized. Removing and re-adding the directory where the sound files were located and re-scanning did not help to resolve the problem. I did have one tech instruct me to find the instruments.db file in the C:Users\USERNAMEDocuments\IK MultimediaSampleTank 4 directory and delete it and then SampleTank will automatically rescan the instruments when you re-start the program, but I had already uninstalled the programs and the file was gone - so maybe this will help someone else.
k_sac01

Postby whitealbum » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:22 am

Thanks a lot for your information.
Before i had deleted all ST4 files and program, i take a look why i get
a lock symbol on ST4 image.
Because ST 4 "Library Info" folder was in folder
C:Users\USERNAMEDocuments\IK MultimediaSampleTank 4
and in the ST4 settings ST4 path was E:\Libraries\IKM\Sampletank4, and in this folder no library Info folder was found!

I believe that the *.pak files in this "C:\users\..." folder are the authorize-files for ST4.
Thats why ST4 was locked.

You have also ST3 installed,
- can you please tell me where are ST3 files in your installation?
- And also, where are your Library Info folder for ST3 and ST4. Thanks a lot!

Do you have Legacy aSamples like Sampletron and so on.
If so, do you have access and if yes, how do you get access to the legacy samples?

Thanks in advance!
whitealbum

Postby whitealbum » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:02 am

After i deinstalled all files and programs from ST4, i want to re-install:
Beginning with:
Sampletank_4_Instruments_installer
After i change the installation path to "E:\Libraries\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4 it looks like this:

Two folders were installed in "E:\Libraries\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4"
Instruments and
Library Info

In Library Info there are SampleTank 3 Free, SampleTank 3 SE and Sampletank 3 pak files
This can't be correct?! :shock: :?
I expect SampleTank 4 pak-files!

Where are the library infos from ST4?

In Instruments folder the following was installed:
01__Acoustic Drums,
02__Electronic Drums
until 21__Synth FX
In these folders all files are ST3 instruments files :shock: :?

Last Folder is SampleTank 4 with ST4 Instruments Files.

Of course no samples were installed.
I don't wanna install the whole samples, because i'm not sure if this is correct!
whitealbum

Postby garfy » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:44 pm

Hello whitealbum

whitealbum wrote:In Library Info there are SampleTank 3 Free, SampleTank 3 SE and Sampletank 3 pak files
This can't be correct?! :shock: :?
I expect SampleTank 4 pak-files!

Where are the library infos from ST4?

In Instruments folder the following was installed:
01__Acoustic Drums,
02__Electronic Drums
until 21__Synth FX
In these folders all files are ST3 instruments files :shock: :?

Last Folder is SampleTank 4 with ST4 Instruments Files.

Of course no samples were installed.
I don't wanna install the whole samples, because i'm not sure if this is correct!

Judging by some of this information, there appears that something really has gone wrong with the uninstall/reinstall across your various products. I would strongly suggest that you put in a ticket to IK Support for some specific one-to-one help on this.

With the best will in the world, everyone's systems are different and various people telling you different things, albeit working for them, will only help to confuse your installation more.

If you have followed Peter_IKs instruction from post #2, 3 and 4 of this thread and you have still not had a successful install, IK Support can work specifically with your system and give you specific instructions. If you already have a ticket open, please continue to work with them.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:15 pm

Correct. This is something to work out with IK Support directly and working it here and with them would probably do more bad than good so please continue to work with them and this thread will be locked to avoid further confusion.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More