Syntronik- installing sounds on external drive

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik- installing sounds on external drive

Postby pramster » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:25 am

Hi,
I've got a Mac, and just bought Syntronik.

As I don't have much hard drive space left on my Mac, I decided to install the sound files to an external drive during the installation process, rather than try and move the files later.

That all works fine, however the strange thing, is that I still have lost 60GB of drive space on my internal Mac drive, even though there are NO sample files stored on the Mac (under Users/Shared/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3.

I don't understand. Can someone please help, as I need to free up my Mac drive.

Thanks,
pramster
pramster

Re: Syntronik- installing sounds on external drive

Postby garfy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:45 am

pramster wrote: I still have lost 60GB of drive space on my internal Mac drive, even though there are NO sample files stored on the Mac (under Users/Shared/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3.

Have you removed the *.DMG installer files that were downloaded? Have you emptied your Trash?

And welcome to the forums :D
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Syntronik- installing sounds on external drive

Postby pramster » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:39 pm

Yes, sorry I should have stated that before, as it's an obvious one!

I'm also new to Macs, and I think the issue might be the way that MacOS shows 'Available' space and 'free space' on my drive.

I have a 500GB SSD, and at the moment, I am seeing 16GB 'free', with 182GB 'available' (including 165GB purgeable space).

I am assuming I actually have 182GB free, as once I use up the remaining 16GB free, it should start using up the 'purgeable' space?

I know, this is probably not the right forum for this question!
pramster

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More