Ik's versatility

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Ik's versatility

Postby silver-machine » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:28 am

Hi
I am wondering If you can use the Sampletank Max effects in Mastermatch and T racks in Sampletank max.??
Thanks to Peter who told me to get a Sampletank 4 refund.
Have done that and ordered Sampletank 4 MAX. All went well.
To anyone worried about the size of sampletank Max I have experimented with all the sound on my C drive with sampletank 3 and put them all on my Partition two Terrabyte drive and all works 100%, so Sample tank 4 Max will sit nicely on a partition computer and then it gives more speed to C drive. Luvvly Jubbly.
Now that I have a fast computer and plenty of ram IK Multimedia's vst's and effects work 100%.
Got my new computer just made for music and nothing else.
Just use a cheapy for the Internet

All the best john
silver-machine

Re: Ik's versatility

Postby garfy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:07 pm

silver-machine wrote:Hi
I am wondering If you can use the Sampletank Max effects in Mastermatch and T racks in Sampletank max.??

You can't take effects from one product and use them in another. However, certain effects in ST are based on and are cut-down versions of the ones you find in T-RackS. Here's a list (as far as I'm aware) of T-RackS based effects in SampleTank.

Black 76, Model 670, Vintage EQ-1A, White 2A, Tape Echo.

Someone may add more to the list if I've missed any. Also, some of the effects (and amps) in ST are based on ones you'll find in AmpliTube and Syntronik.

silver-machine wrote:To anyone worried about the size of sampletank Max I have experimented with all the sound on my C drive with sampletank 3 and put them all on my Partition two Terrabyte drive and all works 100%,

Yep, agreed. I have my sample content on a second drive in both my Mac Mini and MBP and it helps to divide resources. However, you have to make sure that it's a fast drive and connection if you are going to stream a lot of data all at the same time. So internal SSD or external SSD on TB/USB3 would probably be recommended.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More