Config with ST3.7.5 & Sonar Plat

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Config with ST3.7.5 & Sonar Plat

Postby gplea » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:26 pm

:? Good day to all the chaps out there. Seems I have a problem with the way I want to config ST3.7.5 on Plat. I want to have a plain MIDI track for every part, NOT Simple Instrument, which requires a new instance of STnk for every track, if I'm not mistaken. What I want to have is a separate plain MIDI track for every instrument, and for tracks that I'd like to group together like all keys, have an audio track for STnk OUT 3&4 Stereo for keys, and MIDI 5&6 for Gtrs, to STnk OUT 5&6, etc., and for Drums separate MIDI Ch. 10 Kick, Snare, Hat, Toms, Cym. on separate MIDI tracks, then mix them down to a stereo track.

However, when I started trying to send the keyboard tracks to STnk OUT 3&4 I couldn't seem to find a way to route them there. They were still going to STnk OUT 1&2 with the Bass. I know I should be able to route them to the separate STnk OUTs cuz I could do it with the previous versions. So, what am I doing wrong?

Sonar's instruction for using a multitimbral synth like this says I can either do it with a Simple Instrument, or the alternative of having 16 Stereo (32) OUTs, but as I said I don't see how to route the MIDI tracks to those separate OUTs.
HEP ME, PLS?
Mucho Appreciado
GPL :mrgreen:
DAW: PreSonus Sphere. PreSonus Studio 1824C, & ATOM SQ, NI S88 MK1. MinisForum NAB6: 12 Gen i7-12650H, 32Gig RAM, 512Gig SSD, Win11Pro
gplea

Re: Config with ST3.7.5 & Sonar Plat

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:47 pm

I do not know Sonar but in that you will need several MIDI tracks, sending MIDI on different MIDI channels, to SampleTank 3. The outputs from ST3 (there are 16 stereo pairs) then need to be routed to several tracks for the audio.

Within ST3, you can select the MIDI channel for each instrument slot. Here's an example using 6 MIDI channels for various instruments and Channel 10 for the Drum kit pieces.
Image >>> https://i.imgur.com/54U1cyn.png

Then you need to select the output channel pair for each instrument group; here they are for the instruments (so here there are 3 output streams):
Image >>> https://i.imgur.com/6oAkA7b.png

And the drums (separate output for each kit piece):
Image >>> https://i.imgur.com/IzZeurC.png

How to change the MIDI channels and Audio Outputs are in the ST3 User Manual.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby DarkStar » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:49 pm

... Any success?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby gplea » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:13 pm

Haven't had time. Sorry. I'll get back. Thanks again.
DAW: PreSonus Sphere. PreSonus Studio 1824C, & ATOM SQ, NI S88 MK1. MinisForum NAB6: 12 Gen i7-12650H, 32Gig RAM, 512Gig SSD, Win11Pro
gplea

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More