Grim Reaper. What an I doing wrong? [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Grim Reaper. What an I doing wrong? [Resolved]

Postby hailingconan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:52 am

Hey

So I am running latest version of Reaper on an iMac.

Amplitube works great as standalone, no issues at all, but when I open it in reaper I get no sound at all. If I have a project open (drum session) I can play and it all sounds great. When I open a new track with Amplitube as a VST plugin, it doesn’t recorgnise any output.

I guess this has been posted before, but does anyone have a checklist?
hailingconan

Re: Grim Reaper. What an I doing wrong?

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:08 am

Hello hailingconan and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about the problem.

AT projects are only functional in the standalone program aren't they?

When AT4 is loaded in a DAW an an effect then you need to route some audio into it. Do other FX work as expected? Can you describe, step by step, what you are doing in Reaper to recreate the problem?

And can you clarify what you mean by "it doesn’t recognise any output."? Output from what?

At the moment, this does not seem to be an AT4 technical support issue.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby hailingconan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:29 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I am opening a new track in Repart and opening Amplitube as a VST plugin in that track. Plugging my guitar into the DI but Reaper and Amplitube behaves like I have nothing plugged in whatsoever. Amplitube works fine as a standalone, but as soon as I open Reaper and use it as a plugin, it gives nothing.

Reaper works fine with eZ drummer, it works flawlessly wirhout any messing about, I guess it’s an issue between Reaper and Amplitube?
hailingconan

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:52 pm

OK, to get the audio from your guitar into the AT4 plug-in, in Reaper:
  • in Reaper's preferences, make sure that your audio inputs are enabled / configured
  • select the correct audio input for the track,
  • RecArm the track,
  • turn on Monitor Input, if needed (for some reason the default setting is Off) - right-click the RecArm button to see the menu choices,
  • play a few notes and make sure that the level meters are moving.

Then click Record and off you go. Of course, the recorded audio will be the dry sound, so you can change all the gear and settings in AT4 until you get the sound you want.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby hailingconan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:27 pm

Looks like it is now fixed. Deleted the ‘free’ version of Amplitube I got with an iRig and then bought the full version. Once I installed it I had the same issues until I changed the input settings in Reaper to the ID4 interface I have. Worked fine after that.
hailingconan

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling