Huge problems with Amplitube 4

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Huge problems with Amplitube 4

Postby hamajo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:23 pm

Hello everyone!

I have serious issues with Amplitube 4, pretty sure I'm doing something basic totally wrong.

Well, I am using Amplitube 4 within Reaper. I tried to archieve an early Linkin Park sound (something similar to their album "Meteora"). I read online they used 3 layers of Dual rectifier and 1 layer of JCM800, both through the Mesa 4x12 cab. I played around a little and the result after a little bit of experimentation was this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMMY9ZxBFnM

There wasn't much effort put into it, tho, as I was using a Laptop in the recording garage that wasn't even mine. However, I sent the whole project files to my own Computer where I tried to load it up. And suddenly, the very same project with absolutely nothing changed sounds like this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LFrBBT ... K4PhL/view

The guitar sound is not only completely different, but it's also distorted. When solo-ing one of the guitar tracks, you can clearly hear a bad kind of distortion that sounds like a wrong setting somewhere.

I double and triple checked sample rates: The reaper setting, the interface setting and the DI signals are all 44.1 khz and 24bit. I also tried chancing the ASIO engine to Direct WAV, as well as using the built in audio chip instead of the interface for rendering, but that did not change anything.

Please also take note that the only plugin used on the guitar tracks (other than Amplitube) is the iZotope 7 EQ, which are installed on both his and my laptop; but even with the EQ turned off, the low-quality distortion won't go away, so I figured it has to be about Amplitube.

I am getting really desperate with this. No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of this distortion noise chainsaw thing. :(

I am grateful for any kind of insight!
hamajo

Re: Huge problems with Amplitube 4

Postby romeor » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:41 am

I am having the exact same problem with the distortion. Did you ever get your issue resolved and if so, would you mind sharing the resolution?

Thanks.
romeor

Re: Huge problems with Amplitube 4

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:14 pm

Since no users have chimed in with suggestions, I would suggest opening a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ if you have not already done so. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling