SampleTank 3 Install Crashing with Mac Pro Sierra 10.12.3

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 3 Install Crashing with Mac Pro Sierra 10.12.3

Postby laurentbass » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:40 am

I need some help here. I have a new Mac Pro with Sierra 10.12.3. I am not a Mac expert. When I install SampleTank 3 on my Mac, I click on SampleTank Application Icon, the software crashes and does not start.

The DMG file is downloaded to down load folder. I click on the dmg file and see the install package. I right click and open the install package. The package installs on Mac HD in application folder.

If I click on the Mac Application folder, I see the SampleTank 3 Icon. If I click on the Icon, the software crashes and I get a crash report. It looks like a software Icon and does not look like a folder. But if If right click on Sampletank Icon, it gives me some alternatives. Open, or Show Package contents. If I click Open, it crashes. If I pick Show package contents, I see folder "Contents." Click on Contents then one folder is called MacOS folder. I click on MacOS folder and I see SampleTank console Icon. If I click on the Icon, I see two windows, a console window but also Sampletank starts. Is this common to see console window and SampleTank software?

My DAW is Ableton Live. Now that I have SampleTank loaded on my Mac, I see the VST is in the VST folder and in the Components Folder in the Mac HD Libarary. I have rescanned with Ableton Live the VST Folder and the Components Folder. I have Universal Audio Device VSTs there, Sforzando VST and Apple Drivers there. All show up except the SampleTank VST in Ableton. SampleTank is not showing up to use.

I have contacted IKMultimedia for help and I am not getting any response. I have a new Mac and SampleTank is not loading working or installing correctly.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times to get clean install. Nothing is working correctly.
Can I get assistance here.
Thanks,
lb
laurentbass

Re: SampleTank 3 Install Crashing with Mac Pro Sierra 10.12.

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:18 am

Note that this is the weekend, support will respond during business hours and assist you.

If other users have suggestions, that's great but note that this forum is for user-to-user discussion and not a medium for direct technical support. For that, the team will respond to your ticket during business hours.

Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby laurentbass » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:41 pm

Dear Peter_IK, Thank you for your response. My troubleticket has been open for more than a week and have not heard latest response. Can you help encourage them to respond, please. Troubleticket #326861. If anyone else has resolved this issue, I would love to hear from them.
Thanks
lb
laurentbass

Postby laurentbass » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:42 pm

Dear Peter_IK, It has been two weeks since I have issued a trouble ticket to help install SampleTank on MacOS Sierra 10.12.3. It seems my ticket is stuck and generating no response. I am not receiving help to install the software correctly with out it crashing. How can I escalate my ticket, please.
laurentbass

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:48 pm

laurentbass wrote:Dear Peter_IK, It has been two weeks since I have issued a trouble ticket to help install SampleTank on MacOS Sierra 10.12.3. It seems my ticket is stuck and generating no response. I am not receiving help to install the software correctly with out it crashing. How can I escalate my ticket, please.

I have forwarded this information to our Support Manager for review. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby laurentbass » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:23 am

:D All, My issue with SampleTank has been resolved. Looks like the issue I was having was due to a conflict caused by ICloud install when my Mac was first configured. ICloud was uploading the Documents Folder to ICloud and seeing that folder as Primary. I do not have great Internet Bandwidth, so I turned this option off. This is when ICloud made changes to my Documents Folder residing on my MAC and there was confusion as to where my Primary Documents Folder existed. I needed to reset my MAC Documents folder and after I did this, SampleTank started without issues. Sample Tank is functioning without crashing and is working on my MAC.
laurentbass

Postby uraniumwilly » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:02 am

An issue I was having that was similar (Sampletank 3crashing on start, vpa bundle error and such) was that I was not uninstalling all of the program. I am sure you have to go to the library locyed in your use area on mac. you have TWO libraries. Go to computer, library, user, your name and then in that area you hae to right click to show the menu and select option to show the library there. Then delete the sampletank library there, reinstall and hope for the best. This worked for me after long battles. Of course you also have to manually uninstall preferences playlists and such as well.
uraniumwilly

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More