Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Announcing Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:56 am

1) It wasn't the installation that was going to be tedious, it was the comparison etc. Seems you misunderstood that, and I was correcting hearsay about having to install everything which is not the case (no matter how short a time it may take you, it still is not required).

2) I didn't say there was anything wrong with discussion but support is there to help, and I disagree that sending issues to them isn't worthwhile as was stated by another above.

3) Please do not tell me not to interfere. Or do so again, and I'll interfere and clean this thread as it probably should be (or has been heading toward anyway, see the end of this post).

Of course you can all spin your wheels here by trial and error, I never begrudged your that. I just offered a more reasonable and likely more effective suggestion. Again, it is my job to "interfere" (as admin here) so please refrain from insulting someone that is trying to help you get the best resolution to your problem.

Also, this is the announcement thread, it is devolving to a collection of issues that aren't getting reported to the team that is set up to help, so let's stay on topic or set up another thread where you can throw ideas at the wall to see what sticks.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby novaburst » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:35 am

Hi Peter sorry if I affended you, may be I over cooked it ....

Yep let's stay on topic.......
novaburst

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:52 pm

Same here, let's not overcook Christmas (or whichever holiday we do or don't celebrate) dinner! :-)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lag » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:49 am

I'm a little annoyed because I believe the thread I started was deleted. All I wanted to know is whether others have their English Horn Ensembles limited to about half an octave. Anyone have this problem?
lag

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:19 am

lag wrote:I'm a little annoyed because I believe the thread I started was deleted. All I wanted to know is whether others have their English Horn Ensembles limited to about half an octave. Anyone have this problem?

Your thread was not deleted. I did remove the dupe but the original is still there.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Changomarangodechapultepe » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:36 am

lag wrote:I wanted to know is whether others have their English Horn Ensembles limited to about half an octave. Anyone have this problem?

Yes. I have the same problem.
Changomarangodechapultepe

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:24 am

Just for info, here is the thread with the specific issue reported:
http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11301
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby chrischiu » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:19 pm

Owning both Philharmonik 1 and ST3, but having mostly used VSL Special Edition for orchestral stuff, I have a question (the answer of which will definitely be the tipping point for purchase for me):

Is it possible in Philharmonik 2 to control Velocity Layers similar to the "Velocity Crossfade" feature in VSL? That is, using a MIDI Control Change parameter to control "swelling" of brass and string sounds? (it's similar to Expression and I've seen that one of the Macro Knobs in MP2 has "Expression" on it, but I want to know if that Expression control actually also fades swelling/Velocity layers, or just the volume within a single velocity layer)
chrischiu

Postby Vollgerd » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:46 pm

Changomarangodechapultepe wrote:
lag wrote:I wanted to know is whether others have their English Horn Ensembles limited to about half an octave. Anyone have this problem?

Yes. I have the same problem.

me too.
Vollgerd

Postby egam » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:54 pm

^^^^
Me too. I reported this to the support team.
egam

Postby dave_clark » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:48 pm

chrischiu :
... (it's similar to Expression and I've seen that one of the Macro Knobs in MP2 has "Expression" on it, but I want to know if that Expression control actually also fades swelling/Velocity layers, or just the volume within a single velocity layer)

The "Sound Manual" says:

Expression: Adjusts the volume and tone together for those subtle variations in sustained notes that add extra life and realism.

This isn't a lot of help I know, but suggests that you could accomplish at least some semblance of what you are looking for. In order to get more information, you might have to contact support or sales.

Regards,
Dave Clark
dave_clark

Postby wotty33 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:44 pm

Will miroslov 2 work with sequences that use miroslov 1. I would like to upgrade so I could use it in the latest version of logic at 64 bit, but not if I have to recreate the sequences from scratch. Will transfering a sequence already carefully orchestrated in miroslov 1 be possible with miroslov 2?

Many thanks, Paul
wotty33

Postby novaburst » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:17 pm

wotty33 wrote:Will miroslov 2 work with sequences that use miroslov 1. I would like to upgrade so I could use it in the latest version of logic at 64 bit, but not if I have to recreate the sequences from scratch. Will transfering a sequence already carefully orchestrated in miroslov 1 be possible with miroslov 2?

Many thanks, Paul

I dont own mac but MP2 is for mac and PC 64 and 32 bit , it will install weather you have MP1 or not and want interfere with your work
novaburst

Postby naokibee » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:18 pm

Hi IK team,

I'm liking MP2 so far. :) But there's one thing I'd like to make sure.
Is it possible to customize/assign an articulation to Key Switches?
For example, I like some sustain patches on violins but I don't like others much.
And apparently a sustain violin patch that I don't like is assigned by default.
Hopefully, I'd like customizable Key Switches or ALL articulations to be assigned in the beginning.

It would definitely expedite workflows because, in MP2, it's vital to fully utilize a variety of articulations for expressive phrases. There must be spaces for key switches in the lowest or highest keyboard.

It would be difficult to record samples again but it wouldn't be so difficult to reprogram Key Switches, I suppose.

I mentioned on the assumptions it's not possible for now but I'm sorry if I missed something and it's possible.

Regards,

Naoki
naokibee

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:05 am

^^^^
I do not think the users can edit the key-switches. This feature was requested for ST3 shortly after its release. So it is somewhere on the radar.

In ST3, I also tried opening a key-switched Multi, selecting an articulation then saving it as a new instrument. But on opening that I still get the first articulation selected.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More