Are Sonik Synth sounds anywhere else

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Are Sonik Synth sounds anywhere else

Postby elgolview » Sun Aug 18, 2024 8:11 pm

I like Sonik Synth.
Are the Sonik Synth samples / sounds available in any other IK Multimedia instrument such as Syntronic?
Getting Sonik Synth sounds to play by importing through ST3 is not working and I've got a ticket open on the problem.
:)
elgolview

Re: Are Sonik Synth sounds anywhere else

Postby johnhines » Mon Aug 19, 2024 3:00 am

I recently had to re-import my Sonic Synth samples in SampleTank 3 on a brand new Windows 11 computer. Whenever I would attempt to import them, the program would crash.

My solution was to import them on an older (slower) Windows 10 computer. I don't know why that worked, but it did.

Once imported, I was easily able to copy the files to the Windows 11 PC.
johnhines

Postby elgolview » Mon Aug 19, 2024 1:58 pm

I suspect the import problem is Windows 11 related and in trying to resolve this, IK Multimedia has sent me converted files, but a problem remains that they wont play. They are still working on the problem.
Thanks for your advice though! :)
I'm just wondering whether the Sonik Synth sound files exist in another app such as Syntronik, so I can buy and play them via that app / ST4.
elgolview

Postby johnhines » Mon Aug 19, 2024 3:57 pm

I'm not aware of them being anywhere else. I have Syntronik Max and Syntronik 2 Max and they don't exist in either application.
johnhines

Postby elgolview » Mon Aug 19, 2024 5:12 pm

Ah OK. Thanks for looking. Pity about my legacy SonikSynth2 and SampleMoog. I replaced my SampleTron & Miroslav2 with the SampleTamk Max upgrade but SS2 & SM seem kaput unless Support can pull something out of the hat. They've been trying for about 2 weeks so far, bless 'em!
elgolview

Postby elgolview » Thu Oct 24, 2024 8:19 pm

Just an update on my thread:
IK Multimedia support could not help in getting their legacy products to work anymore. They eventually just went silent on me after they passed the problem to second-line support. Now the stems using these products in my DAW projects no longer play.
Never mind.
After that depressing experience, I bought SampleTank4 MAX for £49. ST4 Max has Miroslav Orch 2, plus the updated version of SampleTron. ST4 Max has lots of synths to compensate me for the loss of Sonik Synth. I've had to wave goodbye to SampleMoog though.
I also bought I bought HALion7 from Steinberg, which is great for synth sounds too. I'm really sorry about the loss of Sonik Synth though, as it was so easy to use.
elgolview

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More