Modifying models for ToneX pedal

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Modifying models for ToneX pedal

Postby StevieD74 » Thu Oct 24, 2024 2:40 am

Hello all,
New ToneX user so I apologize if this has been asked before but I’m struggling to figure out how to put this all together. I’m coming from a Kemper world where I can modify profiles right in rig manager.

With ToneX, correct me if I’m wrong. You can’t modify presets directly in the software, the modifications need to be on the pedal. Originally I was plugging my headphones in my interface, L/R from ToneX into interface and my guitar into the input of the ToneX but I wasn’t able to modify anything. I tried plugging my guitar directly into my interface and I could then modify the models but still can’t seem to modify presets. Are presets not adjustable in the software?

Once I figure out how I can modify the models I was able to save it as a preset and transfer it over to my pedal. But then I had to switch everything over, plug guitar and headphones into Tonex and I could now hear my modified preset. I’m thinking there’s a better way so I would like to hear how everyone else is doing this.

I’m probably missing something so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I did watch lots of YouTube video but no one seems to go into detail in what I’m asking.

TIA
StevieD74

Re: Modifying models for ToneX pedal

Postby StevieD74 » Thu Oct 24, 2024 4:02 pm

In case anyone else is struggling, this YouTube video clears everything up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJWcp7IL5LM
StevieD74

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling