Amplitube 5 Preset issues (And other problems)

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 Preset issues (And other problems)

Postby joelrg » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:03 am

Some background... I own:
Amplitube 3
Amplitube 4
Amplitube Metal
Just purchased Amplitube 5 SE

Before purchasing Amplitube 5 SE, I had installed Amplitube 5 CS. I could access all the old Legacy presets that should be available to me as expected.

Upon deciding to purchase 5 SE (mainly for the IR loader), a lot of the presets that I should be able to use are popping up with "The current preset uses models that are not yet owned" (a lot of the time being '57 Bandmaster) for some reason.

Long story short, I open Amplitube 4 and look at what amps/cabs/speakers/mics/rooms etc. that should be used, and I have them all in Amplitube 5 as expected. Why is Amplitube 5 thinking that there are other amps in these Legacy presets? It looks like there are problems with the Legacy presets, or at least how Amplitube 5 is opening them.

Beyond the above (which is the most annoying thing), I'm also having the issue of having to change inputs/outputs multiple times to get 5 to output sound.

I tried to contact support, but no response yet. I can't say this is a great experience so far..

Joel
joelrg

Re: Amplitube 5 Preset issues (And other problems)

Postby dyerdw » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:41 am

Not much help but I get the same thing. Upgraded from Amplitube 4 MAX (+ Metal, + Brian May) to Amplitube 5

After clicking through from the warning (usually the Bandmaster as well), it seems to load fine.
dyerdw

Postby mace78 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:05 pm

Hi, i made a Thread myself in thus issued.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26445

A5 seems to Autoload the Bandmaster als 3rd AMP If no other AMP ist in the preset-File.

IT IS anoying and should be taken care of. So please send a ticket to the Support.

Meanwhile. Load your beloved legacy Presets.
A5 will load an alternative 3rd-Amp which you own.
Save your "new" Preset, and the annoying Message is gone.

For the No Output Problem:
A5 Saves the Freqency in your Project Files.
If your Project is 44.1 kHz, but your Output is i.E. 96kHz, the everything seems tobwork, gut you so mit geht ans Output.
So Check the Project-Frequency and the Freqency with your Input-/Output-Device.
mace78

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:18 pm

Have you both run the new Custom Shop (available in the IK Product Manager), logged in, clicked on your Account name and selected "Restore my Purchases"?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby joelrg » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:54 pm

Thanks for the reply, yes I've "Restored my gear" multiple times. As mace78 posted, it appears to be an issue with the presets.

Loading a one amp preset in Amplitube 4, verifying I own all the same components in Amplitube 5 (all gear looks correct), then loading that same preset in Amplitube 5 will give the error. I think mace78 is on to something that even in a one amp preset, there is other place holder gear that is being loaded for some reason. If that has to be done, it would make more sense for that gear to be something that is free in CS.

As for the no audio issue, last night I gave up and just used Amplitube 4 after 20 minutes of messing around. Tried changing inputs, outputs, audio device and sample rate to no avail.

Joel
joelrg

Postby mace78 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:28 pm

Actually, with the legacy presets, it is not an issue with the presets. The files include only the classic AMPs, but A5 want to have 3-Amps, when opening a preset(doesn't bother that only one or two are needed).

The presets are xml-Files and you can read it in plain text. Some Presets contain 3 AMPs although only one AMP is used. That could be useful, if you change the preset to 3-Way.
The legacy include only two amps. Then the program needs a third Amp, and i found another fix/workaround just this moment.
Load an A5-CS-Preset and after that the Legacy-Preset. Seems like amplitube 5 trys to load the last AMP for the 3-Way-Setting, if there are only 2 AMPs in the preset-File.
mace78

Postby joelrg » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:03 pm

Thanks for the tip. I had looked into the xml files earlier and thought about editing them. But I'm hoping there will be an updated version that will negate that necessity.

And yes, you're right. If I open a CS preset, then a legacy that was messed up - it works. Also noticed that the model that it complains about not owning changes depending on the last preset that was opened.

Now, if I could luck into it outputing audio again, that would be nice ;)

Joel
joelrg

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:15 pm

It's odd that AT5 is looking for 3 amps, unless something in the AT4 preset is making AT5 assume it is a "3-ways splitter" chain.

Please let Support know your findings about loading the AT4 presets.

And if you save any of those AT4 presets give them a slightly different name. Or make a full back of all of your AT4 presets. Or both.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby joelrg » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:16 pm

Once support contacts me, I will.

AmpliTube 4 could only run 2 amps at a time right? I think it is more an issue with how AT5 is opening them.

Joel
joelrg

Postby joelrg » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:08 am

I think I found a resolution for the "no audio output" problem.

It appears, at least on my computer, to be an issue with the AmpliTube settings.properties file having an empty value for audioOutputDeviceName.

This file is at this location in Windows: "%APPDATA%\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 5\settings.properties"

I copied the value from audioInputDeviceName.

Example bad file:
<VALUE name="audioDeviceState">
<DEVICESETUP deviceType="ASIO"
audioOutputDeviceName=""
audioInputDeviceName="Focusrite USB ASIO"
audioDeviceRate="48000.0"
audioDeviceInChans="10"
/>

Example good file:
<VALUE name="audioDeviceState">
<DEVICESETUP deviceType="ASIO"
audioOutputDeviceName="Focusrite USB ASIO"
audioInputDeviceName="Focusrite USB ASIO"
audioDeviceRate="48000.0"
audioDeviceInChans="10"
/>

Maybe this will help others until a fix is out.

Still having the preset issue, but I'm working around that by opening a CS preset first as recommended previously.

Joel
joelrg

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:42 pm

Good catch. :)
I'm going to extract it and Sitcky it for others, with a caveat or Two.

Please let Support know, so that they can add to their database, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form.

Several users have posted on the forum about problems with the Audio set-up in AT5 so the more info that Support gets the better.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling