Stereo in with Amplitube

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Stereo in with Amplitube

Postby trevoraron13 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:54 am

I'm using a virtual B3 and want to run it through a Leslie rotary in Amplitube 4. I tried running the instrument through Amplitube with cabinet bypass on, and the amp turned off, and I noticed that it seemed thinner than normal. I realized that Amplitube is running in mono input mode, so I tried moving that to stereo with configurations 2 and 6. However, 2 and 6, with running everything off, still seemed like it effected the sound a bit --- in once case it was slightly louded.

How do people use Amplitube as an effect pedal? What is the best way for it to receive stereo input?
trevoraron13

Re: Stereo in with Amplitube

Postby garfy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:32 pm

Hi trevoraron13

You don't say what B3 or DAW you're using, but probably the best idea (if possible) would be to run the output of the B3 as mono, into a mono to stereo AmpliTube with a single cab. After all, the only part of a real Hammond/Leslie that is stereo is the 2 mics on the rotating horn and drum.

For example, in Logic Pro X you can open the B3 as a mono instrument, switch its internal cabinet model off and then insert AT4 as a mono to stereo effect. By using config 1, the organ sound stays mono until you get to Cab A where the microphones and rotating speakers give you the stereo effect.

Even if you can't make the B3 mono, config 1 folds down the L+R input to mono so it should sound the same.

Hope that makes sense.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling