IRig Pro Duo I/O and Samnsug S8+ HUGE Static

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

IRig Pro Duo I/O and Samnsug S8+ HUGE Static

Postby Michael1197 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:23 pm

I just received my IIrig DUO Pro I/O and have connected it to my Samsung Galaxy S8+ with the supplied mini DIN to USB C connector.

I'm outputtung Tidal music from my MacBook Pro laptop via 1/8th in TRS cable to 1/8th in TRS cable with a 1/4" TRS adaptor to plug into the DUO.

When I connect this setup to my phone the blue lights illuminate on the DUO, so it's powered up.

When I attempt to Livestream on Instagram I see the signal is coming into the DUO and can change the gain levels and see the lights change color, but I hear an awful static. When I attempt to play into a sound recorder on my phone same thing- I see the gain is working and the signal is coming through butI hear the same static. No music art all in either case.

In both instances, when I plug in my headphones to the jack of the DUO I hear the music fine.

My phone is running Android 9 version and is OTG capable from what I've read. Does this supplied cable NOT work with my phone and I need a new adaptor? Or have I done something wrong?

I have opened a ticket with support but wanted to try here too.

EDIT: I tried the app Easy OTG checker and it immediately recognized the DUO, and I tried a XLR mic (dynamic- no 48v power needed) and it TOO made the horrible static noise.

Is there an app I need on my phone for this to work?

EDIT 2: I downloaded the irig recorder 3 and can record perfectly from the duo into that running that setup- headphone out from MacBook Pro to 1/4" jack on Duo. So my phone will definitely take in usb audio.

Edit 3: did a full system partition wipe with Samsung, cleared the cache for IG and FB and still the loud static. Tried the workaround IK has given for iOS devices- have irig recorder 3 running in background recording, setting to background audio 'on', then the static is not present in my FB live stream, but there is no audio whatsoever.
Michael1197

Re: IRig Pro Duo I/O and Samnsug S8+ HUGE Static

Postby djfade2black » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:51 pm

Is no one able or willing to answer this question? This is a bit discouraging with regard to my ik products. I have the same interface and just ordered the power ridge to use with my ios devices, but I chose this device over others because of listed android compatibility which I have yet to see work. HELP!
djfade2black

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:37 pm

Since no other users chimed in (note that this is not a tech support forum, it is for user-to-user discussion and general announcements/information from IK) I would recommend bringing your issue to the attention of IK Support for direct and official technical assistance if you have not done so already. They can definitely provide help and can be reached via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

You'll be presented with the FAQ first, and if you don't find your resolution searching that FAQ you can open a ticket and the team will assist you directly.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby djfade2black » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:39 pm

More so venting and seeking peer replies because tech support has not helped at all. Thanks for your insight but clearly it was not directed to or at anyone who feels that they shouldn't answer it.

Have a great day.
djfade2black

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:42 pm

djfade2black wrote:More so venting and seeking peer replies because tech support has not helped at all. Thanks for your insight but clearly it was not directed to or at anyone who feels that they shouldn't answer it.

Have a great day.

Please see this post that offers the guidelines as to what to do if you already have a support ticket open viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 (and they will certainly assist you until you are satisfied and your issue is resolved so please check that out and I'm sure your issues can be resolved by the team in place to resolve them).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Android Apps & Accessories