Help! Novice here..Just bought iRig Pro I/O

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Help! Novice here..Just bought iRig Pro I/O

Postby jamesdevaughn » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:42 pm

from Sweetwater, and was told I could use this with my Moto G6 Android 9 phone to broadcast high school basketball games, with my EV N/D767a mic, on the MIXLR app that we use. I just did an out of the box test run, with the batteries installed, phantom power on, and am getting no sound sent to the mixlr website for broadcast. I was told I needed a Lightning Connector to connect the iRig to my phone, which I did by connecting at the "charge" port on my phone. Any help would be much aprecciated. James
jamesdevaughn

Re: Help! Novice here..Just bought iRig Pro I/O

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:34 pm

Lightning is for iOS (iPhone/iPad) not Android devices.

For Android devices, the Specs page at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... hp?p=specs states:

Compatible with Android devices running Android 5 or later and with USB digital audio capabilities.
Micro-USB-OTG to Mini-DIN cable (sold separately) is required.

There is a link there to the cable.

If you need deeper technical assistance, the IK Support team can assist at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jamesdevaughn » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:11 pm

Peter K, thank you...the sales rep called it a "lightning cable", but what they sent me is IK Multimedia USB-C to Mini-DIN Cable, $29.99. Is that the correct cable for the Moto G6 android.? Thank you so much.
jamesdevaughn

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:48 pm

jamesdevaughn wrote:Peter K, thank you...the sales rep called it a "lightning cable", but what they sent me is IK Multimedia USB-C to Mini-DIN Cable, $29.99. Is that the correct cable for the Moto G6 android.? Thank you so much.

I'm not sure that will work with Android devices, I don't see a note about that for non-iOS/computer devices. Please ask IK Support as they would likely be able to test (I do not use an Android device). Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jamesdevaughn » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:18 pm

Will do. Thank you Peter.
jamesdevaughn

Return to Android Apps & Accessories