Irig2 on android s8?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Irig2 on android s8?

Postby smh20502 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:34 am

I'm hoping I can get some guidance here to get my iRig 2 working once again. I have dated my phone a while back and now I'm starting to play the guitar again would like to get my iRig 2 functioning on my phone. It won't work. It shows up as already registered when I key in my serial number, unfortunately it's non-functioning as an app.

Is there an update that I need to do?
smh20502

Re: Irig2 on android s8?

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:06 pm

Please see the answer below to this FAQ. This should help answer your question. For more information be sure to check with our support team. If you open a ticket, please feel free to send me a PM with your ticket number. I can flag your case down.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

The iRig 2 will work with compatible Android devices. The iRig 2 requires the CTIA/AHJ wiring standard to operate with an Android device.

At this time there is no dedicated AmpliTube app for the iRig 2 on Android. This device is suggested to use used with apps like EZ Voice, iRig Recorder 3, ToneBridge, Audio Evolution DAW, or n-Track DAW. Any app which allows headset audio input will work with the iRig 2.

To use AmpliTube on the Android platform, we suggest the iRig UA and AmpliTube UA. This iRig device includes it's own DSP chip, which acts as the 'brain' of AmpliTube UA. This allows for a universal experience on the Android platform.

The iRig 2 will work with the AmpliTube for Samsung Professional Audio app on certain Samsung devices (that offer the Samsung Professional Audio) such as the Galaxy Note 3, Note 4, Galaxy Edge, Galaxy S5 and the Galaxy S6. This app is only available on the Samsung Galaxy App Store.

*IMPORTANT* With the release of Android 9.0, Samsung has removed Samsung Professional Audio from their devices and discontinued the service. Android devices running Android 9.0 or later cannot run AmpliTube for Samsung Professional Audio.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Android Apps & Accessories