Hammond B-3X for iPad now available

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Re: Hammond B-3X for iPad now available

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:11 pm

There is information about resource usage of the standalone vs AUv3 as well as recommended devices on the Specs page. Hammond B-3X is going to run better on newer devices that have the horsepower to run a very complex app like this.

If you feel there is a global issue (or an issue you are having specifically) you must report that to IK Support so they can either get you up and running if it is an issue you are having specifically or recreate anything that may be global. As far as I know there is no global resource usage "bug" submitted to the devs but I'm not part of the tech support team (nor is this forum a medium for tech support as stated frequently including in the rules like at the top of each page and to which you agreed when signing up for the forum) so they would have more information and the ability to troubleshoot your issues and verify anything global to be officially reported to the devs.

Hammond B-3X is more than usable live (it has even been used live by the amazing Erik Norlander who needs absolute stability as he's a professional touring and recording musician).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lightbg » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:18 am

Peter,
I just downloaded the 1.2 update and the split keyboard works fine. I didn't have any other issues, but I did notice one thing: when I hit the Cabs tab I used to see the spinning horn and baffle from the rear of the Leslie cabinet. Did they sacrifice this animation for less workload on the processor? The front is nice, but I used this animation as a teaching tool to explain visually just what a Leslie speaker is. I'd actually like to have it back.

I know this is a tech issue, but I thought you might have some insider wisdom about this.

Jake
lightbg

Postby lightbg » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:22 am

Peter,

Never mind. I just reviewed the notes section of the user manual and saw 1.1 in the Cabs section stating what I surmized above.

Wow, I didn't think a mini 5 was considered underpowered........

Jake
lightbg

Previous

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories