Catalina and Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonik Synth, SampleMoog, SampleTron, Xpansion Tank series and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Catalina and Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby ljybowser » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:09 pm

Hello,
I have a macbook pro with Miroslav Philharmonik 2(abbr. MP2) installed accidentally updated to Catalina, and it works with no issue so far.

However, I bought a new mac with Catalina shipped recently, when I tried to install MP2, the installer said that "This package is incompatible with this version of macOS".

Is there any way to workaround this issue?
ljybowser

Re: Catalina and Miroslav Philharmonik 2

Postby DarkStar » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:21 pm

Please check the Catalina Status thread at the top of this forum. I do not think that the MP2 installer has been updated yet.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one help and possible release date (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby samkbarker » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:31 pm

I have also run into this problem. for such an expensive product that i bought today. Its unusable apparently
samkbarker

Postby dlgebert » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:56 pm

ljybowser wrote:I have a macbook pro with Miroslav Philharmonik 2(abbr. MP2) installed accidentally updated to Catalina, and it works with no issue so far.

If MP2 is already installed before the Catalina upgrade, then the plugin works without a problem since the issue is not with the actual installed software, but with changes Apple made to the installation process itself, which is more rigorous and restrictive, which is what we want in the end since it makes MacOS a safer more robust environment. It also means the install packages must be 64 bit as well.

IKM has almost all of their software Catalina compliant and I appreciate all of the effort they have made since I have almost all of their software products, including MP2. Below is the official link to the Catalina updates page and I'm sure they'll have the MP2 installers compliant soon.

Dave

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=catalinaschedule
My YouTube channel features my music and videos with ST4 MAX instruments (Syntronik Deluxe,MP2,HMD BX-3,etc.) & MODO Drums & Bass, guitars thru AXE I/O, AT4 amps & FX & T-RackS 5.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdu7S84EBIfXctQdqxOuAtA
dlgebert

Postby Aspenboston » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:22 pm

i have the same problem bought it and not working, still no update and no info on main website to know what is going on! had to send email to tech support to tell them and i got an answer saying that it is not compatible with catalina! no place mentions that on the website. they said it should be fix in a week, it has been a week and no news. what makes me mad is not about the update is the lack of honesty at the first place, just need to put in bold on webbsite that people with catalina need not buy it. simple as that.
Aspenboston

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:25 am

The developers needed more research time for Miroslav Philharmonik 2 as was stated on the Catalina schedule posted on the IK web site. IK Support can provide you with more detailed information about the status of any update that is coming.

The schedule is here and we’ve had this news up for a while and it has been maintained with new information: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=catalinaschedule

Since people cannot keep it civil per the forum rules and the link and information is posted here this thread has run its course. Please review the rules before posting angrily or in an uncivil and insulting manner. That is not how we do things here.

If you require more details about a certain product or cannot find something in that schedule please contact support as mentioned above. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More