iRig Keys I/O 25 - not working on iPad Pro 9.7 but on iPhone

AXE I/O, iRig Stomp I/O, StealthPlug, StealthPedal, StompIO Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Keys I/O 25 - not working on iPad Pro 9.7 but on iPhone

Postby Totosolo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:16 am

Hey fellow musicians,

I just discovered the incredible iRig Keys I/O 25. The integrated audio interface got me sold as I was looking for a small an convenient solution to get homerecordings done via GarageBand on my iPad Pro 9.7. I opted for a used one which just arrived yesterday.

Long story short: The used iRig Keys works like a charm on my 2009 iMac (running OS X 10.13). It is also working fine on my iPhone 6S (iOS 13.1.2), which is a nice gag at least... :-) But here comes trouble: I can´t get it to work with my iPad (iPadOS 13.2).

I don´t need to use all the additional software it originally comes with. I just need to get the Keyboard to work with my GarageBand-Apps. On my iPhone: I can play for hours with no issue. On my iPad Pro: I start playing but after a short while (~ 2-3 minutes) it stops working, the connection is simply quit, although all LEDs stay on. I just can get it to work again by deconnecting and reconnecting.

Is this a known issue??? I guess the reason might be somehting to do with iPadOS since the iRig itself is working fine with the other devices I mentioned. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Totosolo

Re: iRig Keys I/O 25 - not working on iPad Pro 9.7 but on iP

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:00 pm

I haven't seen this as a known issue, so I'd recommend opening a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so they can troubleshoot directly with you and resolve your issue. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Totosolo » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:56 pm

Thank you.

The more I think about it, the more convinced I get being an issue with iPadOS. I just checked out another interface from Korg. In some reviews there were also some guys, saying that since iPadOS the device doesn´t work with the iPad but still does fine under iOS.

Anyway I opened a ticket and will wait for the answer from the IK staff.

Best greetings!
Totosolo

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:15 pm

Thanks for opening the ticket, I believe our apps were all supposed to be OK with iPadOS and I can't recall specifically about interfaces and controllers 100% so they can verify.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers