I Can't load Sample Tank 4 Library

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonik Synth, SampleMoog, SampleTron, Xpansion Tank series and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

I Can't load Sample Tank 4 Library

Postby potts3 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:03 am

Man oh man.....I've been installing VST's and sound software for 20 years and I have never had to beg a forum for help, but.... I purchased ST4 on a thumb drive and installed and authorized OK. There was no installer for the sound library so I dragged the folder called Sound content to a drive I called "Sample Tank". In Sample Tank settings I added the Sound content folder and clicked re-scan. I open ST4 and try to load a sound but the ST4 icon is locked. I found Sample Tank 4.pak and clicked on that but it says that software to open and install that is "not found". There is no info on any of this in the PDF's. or anywhere on the IK site. I know you guys have figured this out but if I am having this much trouble God help a new user. Man I am stumped.
potts3

Re: I Can't load Sample Tank 4 Library

Postby potts3 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:12 am

OK, now I see the ST4 library and the padlock is gone but there is nothing there. I hit rescan and nothing is there.
potts3

Postby potts3 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:20 am

What is sad about IK is that I just downloaded a Native Instruments VST, paid for it and am playing it in 4 minutes. WTF??
potts3

Postby garfy » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:07 am

Hello potts3 and welcome to the forum.

As I haven't installed from the USB version, I'm not entirely sure of the differing procedure compared to the download version. It sounds like the "Instrument" file, which recognises the individual sample *.pak files for the library hasn't been installed. That said, I wouldn't know whereabouts you might find it on the USB drive.

I strongly suggest that you open a ticket with official IK Support who will give you some one-to-one help with the installation if no one else chimes in here with some good advice. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.13.6
Logic 10.4.6 Reason 8.3
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:20 am

Hello potts3 and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

I do not know the exact contents of the USB drive, but the installation is generally:
-- there are many separate installers (IK Multimedia is working on an Installation Manager),
-- on the USB drive, there may be .zip or .rar files or similar,
-- one should be for the software and plug-ins
-- find that one, extract the file(s) and run the installer
I think that this will install:
-- the SampleTank 4 standalone program and plug-in(s) (depending on what you select),
-- the standalone Custom Shop program,
-- the standalone Authorization Manager program.

If you were not prompted to pick a location for the sounds libraries during the installer, then create a folder named "SampleTank 4" on a disk with plenty of room. Run ST4 and select that folder in the Preference settings

Then, one at a time:
-- select a sounds library file,
-- extract the file(s) and run the installer,
-- the sounds should go into sub-folders of the folder you defined above.

If that does not help, then the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally).

Also, for my info:
-- how many files are on the USB drive?
-- if feasible, can you post a list of the files on the USB drive? (post it within "code" tags) or a screenshot?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby potts3 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:18 pm

Thanks for the help. There is only 1 installer on the drive and it is for the plug in not the library. I gave up on it for now. I’ll be away from that computer for a few days. I’ll check in when I get back on it. Thanks for the advice.
potts3

Postby DarkStar » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:39 pm

The whole idea of the USB drive was that it contains all the ST4 software AND sounds library. If you only have one file on it , for the software install, that must be a fault. Contact IK Multimedia Technical support on the link above.

PS Infact, not all of the sounds library could physically fit on the USB drive and some content needs to be downloaded. Support will advise you exactly which downloads are needed.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby potts3 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:58 am

Thanks Darkstar. I did a separate install from scratch on a different Mac with exactly the same results. One big problem is the lack of a proprietary installer for SampleTank. The authorization program says it is out of date but the click to update leads to a "page not found".

The explanation for installation of the sound contents non existent.

Can some one tell me the hierarchy of the sound content folder. I mean is it "Sample Tank Sound Content" and inside that folder are two folders, "Samples" and "instruments" and that main folder can be placed anywhere as long as I locate it in the Sound Options dialog and click add? Well that's what I do and the library is shown on the far right of the plug-in but there is a padlock on it.

I'll start a ticket I guess.....I don't think I have ever had to do that before in 20 years of plug-ins...I must be getting old.
potts3

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:41 pm

You can get the latest Authorization Manager here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/authorizationmanager/

As for the folder organisation, have a look at the third FAQ, here;
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?category=11&topic=sampletank-4#faq-answer-1235
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby potts3 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:23 pm

Still can't get SampleTank 4 to work.I think there must be something wrong with the installer version I purchased on USB thumb drive. Have not heard from Tech support in over a week.
potts3

Postby potts3 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:29 pm

And I can't post screen shots???WTF...I know users could help me sort this out if I could post full explanations, steps taken and screen shots. I am trying to instal on 2 different Macs.One my main music system and one "clean" Mac. I end up seeing libraries on the left panel covered with padlocks..
potts3

Postby DarkStar » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:59 pm

Did you check out the folder organisation, on the link above? And, without any new details we would only be guessing.

As you have started a support Ticket, please continue to work with them - you can send a new reply to the email at any time asking for further guidance or a progress report.

As for posting screenshots: How to post images
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby potts3 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:38 pm

Does it usually take over a week to get help from support?? My ST experience just keeps getting funnier. Thanks to Darkstar for the help.
potts3

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:47 pm

I see one ticket based on your account and it appears to be for this issue. It was opened on 9/30, answered on 10/3, you replied back to that on the 12th (Saturday, a non-business day) and the support rep answered promptly after the office opened today (Monday).

Seems that the support replies were in line with normal expectations. Also, please make sure you read the guidelines for posting in this forum while you have an active support ticket: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505

If you continue to work with the support rep in your ticket, I'm sure they can get you up and running.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More