Wet level on delay/reverb too extreme?

AmpliTube 4, AmpliTube Custom Shop, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, Ampeg® SVX, Preset XChange, more for Mac/PC

Wet level on delay/reverb too extreme?

Postby francoisthibault » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:34 pm

Am I the only one who experience this : the "wet" level of some fx, such as reverb and delay, need to be "one tick" above 0 before being too loud ?

I have such a hard time getting a reverb and delay (using the rack digital verb in a amp loop) who sounds natural... I have to put the level at maybe 0.5 / 10.. The range 0.5 to 10 is unusable.. (way too loud)

I purchased the (t-rack) tape echo and Fulltone ss delay and I experienced the exact same thing.. And the upper high end completely dissapear when I use the echoplex post amplitube.
It's a cool effect but I find this strange. Is that the effect of the preamp?
francoisthibault

Re: Wet level on delay/reverb too extreme?

Postby jjguitar » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:43 am

francoisthibault wrote:Am I the only one who experience this : the "wet" level of some fx, such as reverb and delay, need to be "one tick" above 0 before being too loud ?

I have such a hard time getting a reverb and delay (using the rack digital verb in a amp loop) who sounds natural... I have to put the level at maybe 0.5 / 10.. The range 0.5 to 10 is unusable.. (way too loud)

I agree. I use it at 0.8 maximum
Gear: Amplitube 4 with StompIO audio interface
Guitars: Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat
jjguitar

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling