Official MODO DRUM Wish List!

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: Official MODO DRUM Wish List!

Postby jockelundberg » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:18 pm

Oh, I forgot a spectrum analyzer for the new EQ would be awesome.

I realized it´s possible to choose another drum under "edit element" but I still think a previous/next would be a good edition. Why not cymbals by the way? It´s not entirely consistent.

Come to think about it, why not make it possible to change the model under "edit element"?
jockelundberg

Re: Drum Mappings

Postby gabrielcor » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:30 pm

+1 !

GeldartM wrote:Would be great in the next release that you could chose the mappings ie midi groves that were written for Toontrack
i have loads of songs that the parts are written for superior drummer. and when i use Modo Drums not all the assignments are the same, would not a big thing from a drop down menu to choose the mapping

Thanks The sounds are great well done
gabrielcor

Re: Drum Mappings

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:18 pm

gabrielcor wrote:+1 !

GeldartM wrote:Would be great in the next release that you could chose the mappings ie midi groves that were written for Toontrack
i have loads of songs that the parts are written for superior drummer. and when i use Modo Drums not all the assignments are the same, would not a big thing from a drop down menu to choose the mapping

Thanks The sounds are great well done

MIDI mapping was recently added. You may want to check that and see if you are able to map to the way those other products map their MIDI messages.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby HeavyMetalSunday1983 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:35 pm

First off, I would like to say that I am enjoying my Modo Drums.

I am not a drummer, but play guitar, and my two wishes would be able to have samples of the bells for the other cymbals and the ability to remap the drums for easier use on my Presonus Atom.

Thank you!
HeavyMetalSunday1983

Postby eaglepass » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:47 am

Hello,

I am enjoying MODO drums but would like to request the following features:

-dual zone cymbals ( edge and bow samples )

-The ability to map polyphonic aftertouch midi events as sent by my Roland V-drum brain when a cymbal is choked to The midi note events MODO drum uses for choking cymbals.

This would really help fully utilize MODO drum when being played by V-drum!!

Thank you,

eaglepass
eaglepass

Postby DDemase1174 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:39 pm

I've been fascinated by the damping techniques used by Ringo Starr in Beatles recordings from around 1966-1970, where tea towels were draped over the tom-toms, blankets stuffed into the bass drum (or a four-necked sweatshirt made for promo photo shoots for the "Help!" movie) and a wallet placed on the snare drum head. I'm guessing similar techniques were used through the late-60's and 70's to produce that kind of "dead", muffled drum sound Ringo popularized. Maybe MODO Drum can offer those options in a future update?

I wanted to suggest customizable MIDI mapping/MIDI Learn for MIDI keyboard controllers as another option, but I'm guessing Peter_IK mentioned that it was already included? Or am I wrong?! I wasn't sure if it was a feature or not.
DDemase1174

Postby cick005 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:23 am

Considering that my main use case for software such as Modo Drum is playing e-drums, I'd be interested to see the ability to add more drums/instruments. My current set is larger to what seems available in Modo Drum and I'd like to add, for example, a 2nd snare and timbale or another tom on the left side.

I'm not referring only to new/different sounds but the ability to expand the kit. Actually, two more positions for drums (cymbals are enough) would be perfect.

Also, as already mentioned by others, it would be fantastic if any instrument could be selected, in that case. I have two drums on the left side and would like to be able to use snare, gong drum, timbale and such on those triggers.
cick005

Postby cick005 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:24 am

Let me also add more hi-hat control. So far I have not seen any detailed editing options for hi-hat, like adjusting the pedal levels between fully open and fully closed, +tight. For jazz, it is important to be able to set the foot pedal chick volume, too.
cick005

Postby Kodertian » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:36 pm

Definitely an Open Architecture for all the MIDI System inside Modo Drum: Mappings for better communication with outside Hardware (pads), MIDI Learn, it will also enable 3rd party developers to sell their Midi grooves.
Kodertian

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:28 pm

Kodertian wrote:Definitely an Open Architecture for all the MIDI System inside Modo Drum: Mappings for better communication with outside Hardware (pads), MIDI Learn, it will also enable 3rd party developers to sell their Midi grooves.

There are third parties offering MIDI grooves, and though it may still be the beta version but JamStix is working with MODO DRUM too. Custom MIDI Mapping and presets for e-kits were added to version 1.1 that was already released.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DDemase1174 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:05 pm

OK, thanks for letting me know! I was thinking of purchasing MODO Drum with JamPoints when there was a crossgrade sale on MODO libraries recently and the price dropped down to $199, but I wanted to know if MODO Drum featured custom MIDI mapping before I made a decision. Unfortunately, it seems I missed the deadline on the sale and the price shot back up to $299,way out of my price range. I wasn't sure if that feature was available on MODO Drum or not; I didn't see it listed anywhere on the website (from what I could tell).
DDemase1174

Postby jdtay2 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:15 am

I'd like to add one more thing to my previous post:
- CPU improvement

MODO Drums uses a lot of CPU power and my system of crashes because of it. I really hope IK Multimedia are able to improve this on future updates!
jdtay2

Previous

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS