Enable Aperture Continuos Control ?? What ??

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Enable Aperture Continuos Control ?? What ??

Postby deathrules » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:33 pm

Sorry for this question, i am not native english speaker,

so what mean this function ? It is available for Hi Hat Snare and Toms

I dont now hat you can do with that ?

if i play my Roland Snare / Tom etc with TD 11 , how can i trigger the play style for L and R Zone of the Snare and Tom ?

I can only trigger 2 Notes with my modul for Snare Center and Snare Rim.

Could anybody help with that please ?
THX

Karsten
deathrules

Re: Enable Aperture Continuos Control ?? What ??

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:33 pm

Hey Karsten,

Thanks for your post.

The MODO DRUM software Settings -> Control page "Play Stye" refers to where the drummer would be hitting the drum (Snare or Toms). For Hi-hats, you will have aperture control for how open/closed your foot pedal is, resulting in a different sound from the Hi-hat.

To set the control for each of these values, assign a MIDI CC in the Settings -> Control page.

Roland TD-8, TD-10, TD-12 and TD-20 modules support positional sensing on several presets. Roland uses MIDI Continuous Controller 16 for this function, which means that the range of variation can be from 0 to 127. Clavia ddrum3 and ddrum4 modules also support positional sensing. These units read trigger input as analog signals first, which theoretically means their range of response is virtually unlimited. Yamaha DTXTREME modules can take advantage of the RHP120SD pad’s three sensors to add sensitivity to some presets.

Source
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby deathrules » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:16 am

THX Ryan;

a new Video on Youtube from a User who has tested Modo Drums, has explain it very well.

That's what I would have liked from IK to do. More "in deep" Pratice Videos ;)
deathrules

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:14 pm

deathrules wrote:THX Ryan;

a new Video on Youtube from a User who has tested Modo Drums, has explain it very well.

That's what I would have liked from IK to do. More "in deep" Pratice Videos ;)

We appreciate the interest here and I'll be more than happy to pass along your comments to the team.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS