Wait for 4.0.7?

Syntronik, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonik Synth, SampleMoog, SampleTron, Xpansion Tank series and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Wait for 4.0.7?

Postby drh11 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:47 pm

I had been using ST 4.0.4 and found a lot of great sounds. Overall it has been a big improvement over ST 3. I recently updated to 4.0.6 and had issues of static like noise when using the Electric Piano presets (amongst others). I have a relatively fast Windows 10 PC with 64 GB of RAM. I tried changing various parameters without success. I eventually uninstalled 4.0.6 and reinstalled 4.0.4 and everything was fine again. For those who may be thinking of updating their current version, it might be worth waiting for 4.0.7. (or make sure you can revert to your present setup).
drh11

Re: Wait for 4.0.7?

Postby Promidi » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:15 am

I also had audio artefacts (clicks in my case) with some sounds in ST4.06 that were not present in earlier versions. I did lodge a support ticket to report this to IKM support and they have acknowledged the issue and stated it would be fixed in the next version. I reverted to 4.05 (yes I know it has issues recalling saved edited ST3 sounds - I have the exe of 4.04 for editing)

With an issue like this, I would have thought 4.07 would have been released by now. Maybe the developers found further issues that needed rectifying prior to release.
Promidi

Postby vikialla » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:11 am

Hi

Any news when 4.0.7 is coming. having clicks in many sounds currently..
vikialla

Postby Promidi » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:15 am

On Aug 13 (Australia Central Standard time), I asked the same question of IKM support and received the reply "...the update should be coming very soon" on 15 Aug, 2019 (Australia Central Standard time)

Therefore, I am also anticipating and checking my products page daily for this update.....

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/m ... /index.php

In the meantime, many people are using version 4.04
Promidi

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:28 pm

The update should be coming soon, but IK Support would be able to provide more detailed information about the status of the update within your support ticket(s).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby artmus » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:51 pm

A big request is to finally bring SampleTank 4 to a truly operational state. I understand that there are all sorts of nuances, but quite a lot of time has passed since the first release. We paid for it!
Thanks a lot in advance!
artmus

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:53 pm

SampleTank 4 has been in an operational state for a long time. There were some initial issues fixed in the very first days of release of such a large product and it has been operational since.

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with 4.0.6. The team will be releasing 4.0.7 soon.

Since this thread has run its course, it will be locked. We will announce 4.0.7 when it is available, if you have deeper technical questions about it or the status, those should go directly to the support staff anyway as this is primarily a user-to-user forum.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to SampleTank & Other Virtual Instruments