EXTENDED (SEP 30) & NEW TIERS ADDED: Pick & Mix Group Buy

Get the best deal on IK products here! We'll post our current special offers here for you. Check back often!

Re: EXTENDED (SEP 30) & NEW TIERS ADDED: Pick & Mix Group B

Postby The_Rocker » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:10 am

vemmer wrote:I wonder why I can't choose some of the qualifying products although they are of equal or lesser value. They are greyed out, so I can't select them. I have already contacted the support twice about that issue and still got no answer or solution from them. :cry:

Hi, I do believe they actually have the selections reflect which ones we own.
It lets us know which plugins we already own, but also out of those licenses, ones we can sell/give that can be chosen.
If greyed, we can not select, meaning we own it, but it is dependent from another sale as a giveaway, or promo like this sale.
We can not sell a license if it was used to upgrade.
Upgrade purchases, the upgrade is dependent on the prior purchase, because it gave a discount that applied to that upgrade purchase. What ever was used for the discount, we can not sell.

For ex: I bought an Irig HD, came with Amp Custom Shop. I bought Fender, and got Metal, and JH for free. I can sell Fender, but not Metal and JH packs since they were free, chosen from a Promo Sale, exactly like this one.
Now later I upgraded to Amp MAx, from owning Fender. So now I can not sell Fender, because it was used for Amp Max. I can sell Amp Max.

Also, I think everything "was" available to chose from before.
Because I had to use the Custom Shop to see what I did not own yet.
And use the User Area to find which I could let go of, sell/give and replace from this promo sale.

The greyed out I own, 'will always' be attached to my Account, non-transferable.

This appears how it is set up, but you can wait for Peter_IK to respond. He has the latest, and runs this joint, lol...
The_Rocker

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:27 pm

Also, please review the Guidelines here, especially Item 3, regarding Support response times.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:19 pm

vemmer wrote:I wonder why I can't choose some of the qualifying products although they are of equal or lesser value. They are greyed out, so I can't select them. I have already contacted the support twice about that issue and still got no answer or solution from them. :cry:

Already owned items will be greyed out to avoid users selecting something they own already. I just checked your support cases and it looks like our team is replying and they are not getting replies back from you. Please check your Junk/Spam folders for their contacts and if you cannot find them, shoot me a PM and I can answer any of your questions and relay any information from the support team.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:27 pm

Hmm. nothing is greyed out here. Not even the bonus products that I have already selected and Authorised.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby The_Rocker » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:33 pm

,,, Can you actually select them ? I can't highlight to be selected, unless I can sell it, or do not own it yet.
The_Rocker

Postby vemmer » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:25 pm

Ryan_IK wrote:

Already owned items will be greyed out to avoid users selecting something they own already. I just checked your support cases and it looks like our team is replying and they are not getting replies back from you. Please check your Junk/Spam folders for their contacts and if you cannot find them, shoot me a PM and I can answer any of your questions and relay any information from the support team.

Well, I checked my spam Folder too, but I didn't receive an answer E-Mail by your team. And there are some already owned products, that are greyed out (and I can't select them) and other ones that I also own already and which are selectable.
vemmer

Postby vemmer » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:28 pm

The_Rocker wrote:,,, Can you actually select them ? I can't highlight to be selected, unless I can sell it, or do not own it yet.

No, I can't.
vemmer

Postby The_Rocker » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:09 am

vemmer wrote:
The_Rocker wrote:,,, Can you actually select them ? I can't highlight to be selected, unless I can sell it, or do not own it yet.

No, I can't.

Sounds like it is working correctly for you though.

Any thing we got free from a Promo like this, locks to our accounts. We can't sell or give them away. Those are not available to chose.
The same with software that came with hardware.
In the USers area the above licenses show I can not Transfer.

The only ones I can select of the ones I own, are ones I bought at full or sale price.
In the users area, these same ones also show I can Transfer their license.

And just to understand, Can you select ones you do not own ?
The_Rocker

Postby vemmer » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:26 am

The_Rocker wrote:
Sounds like it is working correctly for you though.

Any thing we got free from a Promo like this, locks to our accounts. We can't sell or give them away. Those are not available to chose.
The same with software that came with hardware.
In the USers area the above licenses show I can not Transfer.

The only ones I can select of the ones I own, are ones I bought at full or sale price.
In the users area, these same ones also show I can Transfer their license.

And just to understand, Can you select ones you do not own ?

Thank you for the answer. But in my case it seems as if it really doesn't work correctly.

For example, I can't choose Amplitube4, although I have bought it in 2017 and I could indeed sell it or give it away. It's the same with Amplitube Mesa Boogie, T-Racks Master EQ 432, Mic Room, Precision Comp Limiter, Stealth Limiter and Tape Echo.

But some other things that I do own too, are selectable, even the White2A, that I even own twice (one license I bought in 2001 and another one I got from a promo in 2012).
And i can select Amplitube Metal too, which I also own twice, but both licenses are not resellable, because I got them both at different promos...

And by the way, there are no more qualifying products left anymore, that I do not own.
vemmer

Postby DarkStar » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:47 am

So you would like to Transfer some products that you have had for a while then select them as bonuses as part of this Group Buy?

I do not think that users here will be able to shed any light on that, but you could contact Sales Support
who can look at your Account and see what's what. Administrators and Moderators here cannot access your Account.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby ceejatec » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:08 pm

For what it's worth, I'm going through a similar situation trying to figure out what products I could potentially transfer "safely". I contacted Support on Wednesday, got a reply Friday which basically said he couldn't answer the question without knowing what product(s) I was interested in transferring. So I've sent him back a list of every product I own that has a Transfer button available (21 of them). We'll see if I get back a more useful response in a timely enough fashion.

It is frustrating that I can't tell from my own User Area, though. It's clear enough which products were freebies, since they don't have the "Serials/License" button at all, but that's not the part I'd really like to know.
ceejatec

Postby The_Rocker » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:02 pm

vemmer wrote:
And by the way, there are no more qualifying products left anymore, that I do not own.

AH that pretty much explains it.

Check your Users area for Licenses that Show a red Transfer Button. Those should match your Promo available selections. Mine do.

If there is no Transfer Button, those products are locked to your account.

How many free Selections have you been able to Select so far ?
The_Rocker

Postby The_Rocker » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:17 pm

ceejatec wrote:For what it's worth, I'm going through a similar situation trying to figure out what products I could potentially transfer "safely". I contacted Support on Wednesday, got a reply Friday which basically said he couldn't answer the question without knowing what product(s) I was interested in transferring. So I've sent him back a list of every product I own that has a Transfer button available (21 of them). We'll see if I get back a more useful response in a timely enough fashion.

It is frustrating that I can't tell from my own User Area, though. It's clear enough which products were freebies, since they don't have the "Serials/License" button at all, but that's not the part I'd really like to know.

Awesome, I'd like to follow, because I think I figured it out, lol. I've acquired through Purchase, Upgrade, Promo Sale, and Free with hardware, even upgrade, from upgrade, and free from IKM for no reason. just because, lol...
I know the transaction methods used at the time. Took me having the Custom Shop, Users Area, and Promo Selection site page, all 3 up, to give figuring this out a go.

I have 3 categories of License
- No Serials/License Button
- Serials/License Button shows (But no Transfer Button)
- After clicking Serials/License Button the RED Transfer Button shows.

My Users Area matches what's available for my Choices of Selection. Also matches the Custom Shop.
During selecting I refreshed and watched all 3 pages Sync. Users Area, Custom Shop, and Promo Selection Page. (make sure to click "Restore My Gear" in the Custom Shop.) Give a couple minutes for the Servers to catch up, if needed.

Not sure if it is golden, but shows change accurately and constant.
I'm interested since I have 4 promo choices left to select myself.

I don't think they would program the Transfer button to be available, to find it forfeited another product.
I know I had the concern as you, likely you saw the "If not dependent" some where as I did. But would be rather deceiving and have negative impact if we sold one Collection gear and lost all of Amp Max 4, lol...

I also don't think IKM would be goofy enough and continue to create competitive sales from it's promotional ventures. Which is why the freebies are locked, and have established dependent purchases. That was figured out a long time ago...
I'm glad IKM figured all this out, I love these Promo sales, even though this is likely my last one. I have everything I want lol... I do believe I want to drop TOonTracks for ModoDrum though,,, IKM took things just a bit further with ModoDrum.
I figured I'd give away the licenses I can for Christmas or Birthdays to family or friends making horrible music lol,,, might help ? Hahahaha... Grandkids get into DAW's :D
The_Rocker

Postby ceejatec » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:22 pm

Unfortunately your theory doesn't work, because I have a Transfer button available for my Qualifying Purchases from this most recent Group Buy such as T-RackS 5. If I Transferred that I'd definitely lose a bunch of other products.
ceejatec

Postby The_Rocker » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:00 pm

Thank you :D
The_Rocker

PreviousNext

Return to Special Offers