AXE I/O amp out volume very low?

AXE I/O, iRig Stomp I/O, StealthPlug, StealthPedal, StompIO Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O amp out volume very low?

Postby FuyuSyogun » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:29 pm

I was testing the reamping function of AXE I/O and I noticed the amp out signal level seems to be significantly lower than my original guitar signal level: I had to apply a 10 db gain to the amp out in my DAW (I'm using Logic Pro X) to get a similar volume.

(I tried matching the signal levels, after recording a DI track, by connecting the amp out back to the same Inst input used to record the said DI track with the gain knob remained at the same position, and adjust the amp out level in my DAW so that the input level is the same as the recorded DI track's level...Is this correct?)

Has anyone tried reamping with Logic? Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? Many thanks!
FuyuSyogun

Re: AXE I/O amp out volume very low?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:23 pm

Since other users haven't chimed in, I'd recommend opening a ticket with IK Support for official and direct technical assistance if you have not done so already. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers