Can't get my Android to find my microphone to the irig reamp

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of Android music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Can't get my Android to find my microphone to the irig reamp

Postby revrendprophet » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:35 am

I'm not sure if it's my phone I'm not sure if it's the preamp but either way I can't hear my microphone through the headset and I can't get my preamp to recognize my mic I have a sterling St 155 come on gentleman help a brother out
revrendprophet

Re: Can't get my Android to find my microphone to the irig r

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:09 pm

If you mean iRig PRE, please note that per the Specs page:
To be compatible, the mobile device must be compliant with the CTIA/AHJ wiring standard, which is illustrated as follows. As of today, all popular Android devices branded Samsung, LG, Motorola, Google Nexus, HTC, Huawei, Sony, Lenovo, Xiaomi and more, use this standard.

You can find the illustration that is referenced above on the Specs page at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... hp?p=specs
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tillmann » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:37 am

I'm having the same problem with my Irig HD. I can't record with my phones camera or with the Irig app. I don't think the Irig is recognizing my microphone. I also ordered the 29.99 cable from IK Multimedia and it does not fit into my phone, so I'm using a micro usb to micro usb otg cable.

I've also tried two different mic cables and two different mics. The light on the Irig stays blue even with the gain on 10.

Here is what I have: Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro. Android 6.1
tillmann

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:20 pm

tillmann wrote:I'm having the same problem with my Irig HD. I can't record with my phones camera or with the Irig app. I don't think the Irig is recognizing my microphone. I also ordered the 29.99 cable from IK Multimedia and it does not fit into my phone, so I'm using a micro usb to micro usb otg cable.

I've also tried two different mic cables and two different mics. The light on the Irig stays blue even with the gain on 10.

Here is what I have: Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro. Android 6.1

Since no other users have chimed in and this is a user-to-user discussion forum, I'd suggest your best bet for assistance is to open a ticket seeking official IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

They should be able to assist you directly with this issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tillmann » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:25 pm

I did that yesterday and am awaiting a response. Thanks much!

:)
tillmann

Postby MWAEOO » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:44 pm

Similar problem, waiting a week for a response from my [mod redacted: unnecessary, also see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 for guidelines about posting when you have an open ticket] ticket message.....
MWAEOO

Return to Android Apps & Accessories