Official MODO Bass Wish List!

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: Official MODO Bass Wish List!

Postby arrand » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:56 pm

Down tunings like Eb standard and D standard. If I have a song in Eb (Like every Van Halen song ever) using drop D I can play the notes I want but not the strings I want i.e. I can't play an open Eb or Ab.
arrand

Postby Meltdowns6 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:17 pm

Bend range needs to lose the +1-1 restriction.
Then you can simulate a fretless bass.
Meltdowns6

Postby lecchu » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:47 am

I also strongly support adding the tuning option: down tunings like Eb standard and D standard, or - better - each string tuned separately ;)
lecchu

Postby Gaul » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:11 am

I miss a good MIDI file integration as you offered in Modo Drums.

[mod redacted - please review the rules]

The sound of Modo Bass is awesome, if you add MIDI packages for different styles, this would be great!
Thank you
Gaul

Postby ogerard » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:27 pm

I'm using MODO BASS with a Roland GR55 Guitar Synth with a hex pickup installed in an electric 6 string guitar. When I play slides or hammer on/pull off with the guitar , the GR55 transmits midi legato notes i.e. the notes are overlapped during 10ms or 20ms. So if I "switch on" slides or Hammer On in modo bass I can ear slides or hammer on. But in modo bass the duration of the slide depends of the velocity of the second note played in legato. As I use the reaper DAW and I have the ability to code plugins (JS langage), I have replaced the velocity of the second note by the highest velocity value (127) but there is still a unwanted delay compared to the slide really played with the guitar.
My wish: would it be possible to have a global parameter in order MODO BASS plays the slides without delay ?
ogerard

Previous

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS