Longer link cable for Iloud micro speakers

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud

Longer link cable for Iloud micro speakers

Postby yanicklabonte » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:35 pm

What are the chances of getting a longer link cable for Iloud micro speakers . 59 inch only good for computers but how about us who dj or need to spread apart theses babies ?
yanicklabonte

Re: Longer link cable for Iloud micro speakers

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:48 pm

Currently 59" is the longest possible length for this cable for technical reasons. If this changes, we will post any solution/offering at that time. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby yanicklabonte » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:24 pm

Peter from IK you guys would sell lot's of those cables if they were longer . Like 120 inch and even 180 inches . It just looks awful to see that cable wobbling around in the air between them if they are mounted on mic stands like you guys advertised. I was disappointed by that only alone . The speakers plays well so far only got them for now 2 hrs. Thank you . IK Multimedia please longer link cables.
yanicklabonte

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:40 pm

For typical studio use even on mic stands, the current length should be sufficient. Sorry to hear that you have a different need but unfortunately the cables cannot be made longer.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby yanicklabonte » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:22 am

No problem I could post a pic to show the cable between stands when elevated at head level when standing to perform . I guess you're saying this product is only for seated/computer enjoyment . I'm sure you guys are letting go lot's dj's who can buy xlr at any length for other mini studio monitors. Was only trying to enlighten you guys to avoid that . Cheers
P.s. A union part which could join 2 link cables together could solve this .
yanicklabonte

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:50 am

As stated above the cable cannot be longer for technical reasons.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby luckyluca » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:53 am

I'm in search for a cable extension for the iloud micro monitors.

I appreciate a cable can't be longer than stated for technical reasons,

can you point to a male to female adapter I could use to connect two cables together in order to extend the distance to about 2.5-3mt?
luckyluca

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:06 am

That would still impact the quality negatively and would not give desirable results.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby TjShredder » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:17 am

Peter_IK wrote:As stated above the cable cannot be longer for technical reasons.

Could someone elaborate what exactly are the technical reasons?
I have the same demand. The too short cables are thick, like power cables. I studied physics and cannot imagine an unsolvable technical reason.
Quoting "technical reasons" in such a context (millions of speaker set-ups have significantly longer cables) just sounds like:
"We don't want - what do you think why we use proprietary connections? Its fun to force musicians into what we think is the only use case for our products (Apple attitude...)"

If we know the real world limitations, we can invent a solution!

As a side note, I would love to have a battery powered version of the iLoud micros. One of my use cases is performance in the park.
And I want to use them as additional satellite for portable multi channel set-ups...
3 or better 5 meters is what I need...
TjShredder

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers