T-RackS 5 Issues

T-RackS - High End Mastering & Mixing suite and single effects

Re: T-RackS 5 Issues

Postby pencheff » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:02 pm

rdwags wrote:Hello,

Why can't I save the state of all chains (A-B-C-D) when I save a project? Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Did you ever get an answer for this problem? I'm having the same issue in T-RackS 5.1.1
Gregory V Pencheff
Lancaster, PA
pencheff

Postby biggiantcircles » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:31 pm

Just curious if anyone else has tried using TR5 and experienced extremely high latency in their DAW when it's enabled?

I've noticed that the presets seems to affect this depending on which modules are loaded. But I mainly stick to the Legacy Deluxe presets because I was very happy with them in TR3 (which never gave me any latency/performance issues) but yet they're just unbearable in 5.

I've submitted a ticket to IK and am currently troubleshooting it with Image-Line as well (I use FL Studio 20) but I figured I'd see if anyone else has noticed this or if it's just me. And I guess this guy below, who posted back in 2017. Was there any follow up to his issue? My computer is a brand new 2019 with an 8-core i9 and 64gb DDR4 ram so similarly, I'm sure it's not the machine.

dricci wrote:Always used CS in daw as rack effect for Amplitube. Now tried Track 5 and have latency issue withe every preset. Not my computer I7 4.3ghz 32g ram liquid cooled,and solid state HD. shoud not have a latency issue at all? Please advise. Thanks

Daw is Cubase 8.5

*EDIT*

I found this thread - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13533&p=90866&hilit=latency#p90866" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's about Amplitube, but I noticed that guy is using the same audio interface as I am (Scarlett 6i6) so I'm going to reach out to Focusrite as well.

*DOUBLE EDIT*

Just heard back from IK Support.

The suite does have latency in it, if you need to use in real time use the modules. Depending on the module it may have some latency depending.

Bummer. I was hoping there might be some sort of performance mode that made the Suite eligible for real-time use.

Hope this info is useful to others. Cheers.
biggiantcircles

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:15 pm

I understand, but T-RackS is definitely made to be a realistic analog-modeled mixing and mastering tool so there would typically be a need to run a pretty large buffer size to use such a tool. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby biggiantcircles » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:34 pm

Yeah. So going a little further with support, the issue is pretty much specifically because of the Linear Phase EQ, and the oversampling.

It turns out that TR3 has a similarly high latency by default BUT there is an option for "Lowest Latency" which is how I had it.

I figure since it was done on a past version of the plugin, perhaps the dev team could implement this feature in TR5 (I hope) :)

Anyway, so in the meanwhile, mystery solved, more or less. LinPhaseEQ = big ol' fat buffer hoarder.
biggiantcircles

Postby chris.wilson » Sun May 19, 2019 10:07 pm

The LR, M/S selectors don't work for me in Cubase at all which makes a chunk of the EQ uses meaningless to me ☹️
chris.wilson

Postby DarkStar » Mon May 20, 2019 10:39 am

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
for some one to one help or bug-fixing (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby chuckpwhite » Wed May 22, 2019 2:57 am

I'm having similar issues, because I think I hosed my installations. I'm getting a "Can't load bundle/Library/Application Support/IT Multimedia/T-RackS CS/names of various devices one by one as I reopen Ableton Live.
I know this is an old version but Ableton crashes after I click this Bundle Error message. I looked in the Application Support/IK Multimedia folder and there is no T-RackS folder. I download T-RackS 5 just to see if that would solve the problem, but it doesn't.
Logic Pro has a bunch of TR5 devices which I have not purchased and probably won't so I have disabled them Logic and removed them from the Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST folder, but even after rescanning in Logic, they still show up.
How do I get these things off my computer and out of my DAWs? :)
chuckpwhite

Postby garfy » Wed May 22, 2019 9:48 am

Hi chuckpwhite

I'm not sure why Ableton is crashing like that, but it could be because you have deleted the plugins from the "Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST folder" which Ableton uses.

The reason why they are still showing up in Logic is because it uses AU versions of plugins which are found in Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components folder.

I would strongly suggest that you put a ticket into IK Support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/ and work one-to-one with them to resolve your issue. I could offer some pointers and advice, but as it sounds like your system is now in a bit of a tangle it will be safest to work with official support.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.13.6
Logic 10.4.5 Reason 8.3
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby budbopmusic » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:28 pm

I have the program installed on two different computers in two different locations. I have discovered that I can only open the TR5 project on the computer it was created on. I tried using two different portable drives to move the project folder to the other computer but TR5 cannot open the project with the audio files and only will open a blank New Project
budbopmusic

Postby garfy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:54 am

Hi budbopmusic and welcome to the forums.

budbopmusic wrote:I have discovered that I can only open the TR5 project on the computer it was created on.

Sorry to hear you're having issues. This is certainly not expected behaviour - I've just tried to replicate but I successfully moved a TR5 project folder from one machine to another, where the project opened in the same state as it was saved in on the origin machine.

I would suggest that you open a ticket with Official IK Support for some one-to-one help, as it sounds like it is system specific. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
macOS10.13.6
Logic 10.4.5 Reason 8.3
garfy

Postby budbopmusic » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:06 pm

Thanks for the reply. I do have a ticket open and we've been going back and forth but no resolution. Unfortunately the only other programs I have installed on both machines are from Microsoft or some very basic programs so there's no issues there. I've looked at the security permissions for both machines and I can't see any problem there either although someone more experienced on the OS level might be able to tell me something to look for.
budbopmusic

Postby garfy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:39 pm

Hmm, it's a weird one! Keep working with support, I'm sure they'll find a solution for you.
macOS10.13.6
Logic 10.4.5 Reason 8.3
garfy

Postby budbopmusic » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:55 am

Exporting Audio Issue

I have 10 files in a project and I've edited them including adding a fade to each file. I played the entire project in the assembly window and there were no issues with the starts or fades and the spacing between files was satisfactory. However once exported, some audio files had issues with the starts being late and some fades were shortened.

I assumed what I heard in the assembly window would be what was exported. Any ideas?
budbopmusic

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:50 pm

Please make sure you relay that to support as well if you have not done so already. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rdwags » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:36 am

pencheff wrote:
rdwags wrote:Hello,

Why can't I save the state of all chains (A-B-C-D) when I save a project? Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Did you ever get an answer for this problem? I'm having the same issue in T-RackS 5.1.1

Apparently this is by design i.e. it only saves chain A. Which is kinda dumb IMHO
rdwags

Previous

Return to T-RackS Mixing & Mastering