iRig Acoustic

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Re: iRig Acoustic

Postby neilwarden » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:49 pm

Braguesa, I total agree with you... the iRig Acoustic is what it is, a 50 buck stick on mic. It's being marketed very well. As somebody pointed out if you have a condenser mic and saturate it by placing it an inch away from a source it will distort. Unfortunately I have a few guitars which are really loud and it does just this. I'm not knocking the product.

I guess it isn't designed either for a weissenborn either, which are really loud when played with steel picks. It over saturates the mic' completely. But then again maybe it was never tested with one or its intended use.

I'm sure this isn't for everyone. I did see someone say the got a reply saying it wasn't suitable for all acoustic guitars. Maybe a disclaimer should be written into its usage.

I'm sure it doesn't suit everyones requirements. Great concept but if they iron out these problems and produced HD model I would buy. I also wouldn't gig with it, I'm very good with gear but the cable is so thin you could easily stand on this and snap it.

These are only observations and I'm not pointing a finger at IK and saying this is a POS.
neilwarden

Postby slook26 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:17 pm

So how can you hook this thing up to usb interface?
slook26

Postby braguesa » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:20 pm

It has to pass through an iOS device before the usb interface.
braguesa

Postby slook26 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:16 am

I managed to get it hooked up through my multi effects pedal that has a 1/8 jack aux input. Why does this app not have an acoustic amp? 3 Amps yes, but, they make it sound so artificial. I tried the presets but their was lots of distortion. They really need to fix that. Also instead of having a reverb chorus and delay on the amp why not make them as pedals ? Also on the calibration, I really had to put the input really low as not to have any distortion.
slook26

Postby braguesa » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:24 am

slook26 wrote:I managed to get it hooked up through my multi effects pedal that has a 1/8 jack aux input. Why does this app not have an acoustic amp? 3 Amps yes, but, they make it sound so artificial. I tried the presets but their was lots of distortion. They really need to fix that. Also instead of having a reverb chorus and delay on the amp why not make them as pedals ? Also on the calibration, I really had to put the input really low as not to have any distortion.

You connected it directly to your multi effects and it worked?
braguesa

Postby slook26 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:29 pm

braguesa wrote:
slook26 wrote:I managed to get it hooked up through my multi effects pedal that has a 1/8 jack aux input. Why does this app not have an acoustic amp? 3 Amps yes, but, they make it sound so artificial. I tried the presets but their was lots of distortion. They really need to fix that. Also instead of having a reverb chorus and delay on the amp why not make them as pedals ? Also on the calibration, I really had to put the input really low as not to have any distortion.

You connected it directly to your multi effects and it worked?

Yes it does work. I still had to go through my iPod ,out to my multi effects unit (Gp-10) Now I can send it to my audio interface and record with it. Which was why I bought it in the first place
slook26

Postby braguesa » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:39 pm

OK, I understand now.
:)
braguesa

Postby braguesa » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:57 pm

HD version will be much better, I believe. Yet, IK could bypass this analog version of the thing...
braguesa

Postby briandhughes » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:19 am

I purchased the IRig Acoustic and works fine on my Ipad with the Amplitube Acoustic app. I also can record to Auria using Audiobus. But what I would really like to do is take the output over to my Zoom R16 interface which has 1/4" input connector so I can record in my PC DAW.
My question is, Is this even possible and if so what cable or device can I use to do this?

Thanks
Brian
briandhughes

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:42 pm

briandhughes wrote:I purchased the IRig Acoustic and works fine on my iPad with the Amplitube Acoustic app. I also can record to Auria using Audiobus. But what I would really like to do is take the output over to my Zoom R16 interface which has 1/4" input connector so I can record in my PC DAW.
My question is, Is this even possible and if so what cable or device can I use to do this?

Thanks
Brian

For sending the headphone output on any of our analog mobile interfaces (iRig 2, iRig Acoustic, iRig PRE, etc) you need to be sure to use a cable that will avoid feedback since you're sending a stereo output to a mono input. We have a specific cable in our iLine collection called Mono Output Adapter that was created for just this scenario: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/iline/ (available as part of the whole kit or individually - you may also find it at local retailers).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby braguesa » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:08 pm

Just received my new iRig Mic Studio and yes, it sounds really nice. I think I have a problem, I discovered irig acoustic suits good on some situations, when used without irig app acoustic calibration, the only thing I don't like is its background white noise. I sent some of my tests with irig acoustic to my friends and no one noticed the white noise, or they didn't bother with that.
Maybe I'm too white noise sensible?
:shock:
braguesa

Postby briandhughes » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:02 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
briandhughes wrote:I purchased the IRig Acoustic and works fine on my iPad with the Amplitube Acoustic app. I also can record to Auria using Audiobus. But what I would really like to do is take the output over to my Zoom R16 interface which has 1/4" input connector so I can record in my PC DAW.

Thanks
Brian

For sending the headphone output on any of our analog mobile interfaces (iRig 2, iRig Acoustic, iRig PRE, etc) you need to be sure to use a cable that will avoid feedback since you're sending a stereo output to a mono input. We have a specific cable in our iLine collection called Mono Output Adapter that was created for just this scenario: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/iline/ (available as part of the whole kit or individually - you may also find it at local retailers).

Thanks, ordered the cable from your website.
briandhughes

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:05 pm

braguesa wrote:Just received my new iRig Mic Studio and yes, it sounds really nice. I think I have a problem, I discovered irig acoustic suits good on some situations, when used without irig app acoustic calibration, the only thing I don't like is its background white noise. I sent some of my tests with irig acoustic to my friends and no one noticed the white noise, or they didn't bother with that.

That's strange, any noise like you describe would typically be from an analog input/interface and not the app (or a digital input like iRig Mic Studio). You may want to consult support, at least if you have others that give it a listen and give more verification whether you are "white noise sensitive" or not :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby slook26 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:14 am

Peter_IK wrote:

Thanks
Brian

Hi Peter: Could you possibly supply to Canada? Best Buy supplies your products but when I went to their website and put in (iLine - Mono Output Adapter) it says (This Item no Longer Available)
slook26

Postby braguesa » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:23 am

Peter_IK wrote:
braguesa wrote:Just received my new iRig Mic Studio and yes, it sounds really nice. I think I have a problem, I discovered irig acoustic suits good on some situations, when used without irig app acoustic calibration, the only thing I don't like is its background white noise. I sent some of my tests with irig acoustic to my friends and no one noticed the white noise, or they didn't bother with that.

That's strange, any noise like you describe would typically be from an analog input/interface and not the app (or a digital input like iRig Mic Studio). You may want to consult support, at least if you have others that give it a listen and give more verification whether you are "white noise sensitive" or not :)

I think I was misunderstood, it's the irig acoustic that has white noise, not the mic studio. That noise is from the analog connection.
braguesa

PreviousNext

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories