Transfer Modo Drum license

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Transfer Modo Drum license

Postby edxter » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:15 pm

Hi,
I bought Modo Drum a couple of days ago, I wanted to use it with my roland electronic kit, sadly is not what I expected, can I transfer the license to someone else?
Thanks
Ed
edxter

Re: Transfer Modo Drum license

Postby DarkStar » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:00 pm

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Use different sounds while practising?

Postby cick005 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:22 pm

I would really like to know what went wrong, considering this would be my main use case and I'm still in the investigation phase.

My main source of information are the videos on YouTube but it's mostly people who use it as a VST, triggered by MIDI tracks. I'd be mostly interested using it in combination with the drum modules, to provide different sounds while practising, and it still seems to be an expensive toy, when viewed from that perspective.
cick005

Re: Use different sounds while practising?

Postby DarkStar » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:53 pm

I am not sure what you are asking. Could you clarify?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Use different sounds while practising?

Postby cick005 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:23 pm

My question was to the person who asked if they could transfer the license. The reason was that the license was purchased in order to use Modo Drum with an e-kit. Obviously, things did not work out and the license is being sold/transferred.

My question is what went wrong, since I'm seriously considering the same scenario. I would like to get Modo Drum to use with an e-kit and would like to know what the problem was in their case.
cick005

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:02 pm

IK Support can also help with pre-sales questions, as we have had great success using MODO DRUM with e-kits and even issued an update that made the control/setup even better (with presets for certain kits, Custom Mapping, etc).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby auggybendoggy2 » Sat May 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Peter what kind of info is available regarding the e-kits? I own the Alesis DMKII 10 studio kit and would like to know if and how Modo works with the Alesis line up.
auggybendoggy2

Postby Peter_IK » Sat May 02, 2020 5:49 pm

auggybendoggy2 wrote:Peter what kind of info is available regarding the e-kits? I own the Alesis DMKII 10 studio kit and would like to know if and how Modo works with the Alesis line up.

The custom mapping would be what you'd want to use as there isn't a direct profile for the Alesis kits at this time.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS