New MTM owner, Help!

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

New MTM owner, Help!

Postby jmobley » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:45 pm

Hello all. Like the rest of you, I was stunned the first time I played music through my new iloud MTM speakers. I have some questions I hope you can help me with.

I'm replacing my dynaudio speakers with these and while they sound much better, the low frequencies are distorting the speakers. If you have logic, you can hear exactly what I'm talking about. Load up the after party drum machine designer patch and press the kick on C1. Both my speaker go in the red every time. it's around the 57hz-87hz range.

The speakers are set to flat on the back (middle row) and the gain knob is at twelve O'clock. My audio output is at about the twelve O'clock position. I've tried LF Extention but to know avail. Do these speakers just freak out in this range at these volumes? Or, is there something I can do?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
jmobley

Re: New MTM owner, Help!

Postby Ryan_IK » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:16 pm

Make sure to check your input sensitivity on the back of the speakers. If you're set incorrectly for the audio interface/audio source being used, the red LED can show very quickly due to the nature of the signal coming in. This is the +4dB and -10 dB options. Press and hold the button to change this value.

Also, make sure to check your room placement. The port for bass is in the back, if you have your speakers too close to a wall or any object, you can hear the air bouncing off. Lastly, make sure to try calibrating. While this won't exactly help with the red LED, this will make sure you're hearing the most accurate sound from your speakers.

If you do believe there could be an issue with your speaker, remember that you have a 1-Year (US) / 2-Year (EU) warranty period. Support will be more than happy to look in depth into any issues and see what they can do.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers