Axe I/O : Midi Controller

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe I/O : Midi Controller

Postby PFRANCOJR1 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:15 pm

I am looking for a good quality volume/wah controller for Axe I/O. I have been looking around and I am not sure which one to get. Any suggestions?

-Pete
Cubase 10.5
PFRANCOJR1

Re: Axe I/O : Midi Controller

Postby Lynx1975 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:50 am

Good day!
I'm connect the expression pedal, but it does not work as I would like. The pedal operates in an extremely small range of pedal travel. Pedal - Zoom fp02m.
Question / requests to developers:
1. What resistance should be in the pedal - 10 kOhm or 50 kOhm or 100 kOhm?
2. Is it possible to add pedal calibration through the Control Panel?

-Aleksey
Lynx1975

Postby PFRANCOJR1 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:14 pm

I have used my HD500X as a controller outside of my DAW (cubase 10.5) in stand alone mode, and it worked really good. I use a Bad Horsie 2 wah pedal live, and the modeled one responds really good (I have not been able to get it to work in my DAW, and I really don't want to use my HD500X as a expensive MIDI controller) I was just looking at a good MIDI controller I can use with Amplitube in my DAW.
Cubase 10.5
PFRANCOJR1

Postby km4qs58S » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:44 pm

PFRANCOJR1
If you are still looking for a MIDI expression pedal (MIDI out), there is this one: https://beatbars.com/en/midi-expression-pedal.html
If you are looking for an expression pedal (control voltage), there are many to choose from but compatibility could be an issue (as it was for me, see below)!

Lynx1975
Your problems with the Zoom fp02m are almost exactly what I experience with my Yamaha FC7. I have also noticed that after almost 7 months no one has been able to answer your question about recommended resistance values.

My observations using the Yamaha FC7 with an Axe I/O Solo:
The Yamaha FC7 resistance varies from about 30 ohms to 50k ohms and is a logarithmic taper.

I downloaded the manual for the Axe I/O Solo before I bought the unit, but no mention in the manual about resistance values or whether a logarithmic taper is supported. The image provided in the manual of the Controller tab shows a setting of LINEAR with a drop down menu indicated but no mention of what else is available with this menu. I figured that since they show LINEAR that another setting would be LOGARITHMIC, alas, such was not the case. Besides LINEAR the other settings available are EXPANDED and COMPRESSED.

Loading a wah pedal into Amplitube results in the following:
LINEAR - the wah values range from 7.9% (FC7 at minimum) to 100.0% (FC7 at 1/2 way to maximum).
EXPANDED - the wah values range from 1.6% (FC7 at minimum) to 100.0% (FC7 at 1/2 way to maximum).
COMPRESSED - the wah values range from 28.3% (FC7 at minimum) to 100.0% (FC7 at 1/2 way to maximum).

On my other computer which has a PCI bus audio interface connected to a Yamaha CS1x with MIDI cables and the FC7 plugged into the CS1x Foot Controller jack:
The Amplitube wah pedals values range from 0.0% (FC7 at minimum) to 100.0% (FC7 at maximum); so the problem is not with the FC7 pedal but with a lack of settings the Axe I/O Solo has provided in the Controller tab.
km4qs58S

Return to Interfaces & Controllers