AVAILABLE NOW: T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

AVAILABLE NOW: T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:00 am

We are happy to announce the availability of T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb! Packing years of music history into a single GUI, this plug-in allows musicians everywhere to record with the acoustic ambiance and iconic sonic characteristics at Sunset Sound recording facility in Los Angeles, California.

T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb offers a powerful experience that lets users add a distinct sound from many hit songs recorded at Sunset Sound to their tracks as if they were at the studio themselves. From the Doors, to the Rolling Stones, Van Halen, Prince, Rage Against The Machine, and many more, this studio has made its signature in some of the most classic songs of all time.

IK worked in collaboration with current studio owner Paul Camarata, multi-GRAMMY® Award-winning producer/engineer Ross Hogarth (Van Halen, Doobie Brothers) and many of Sunset Sound’s engineers to give recording engineers unprecedented access to the ambient sound and vibe of the studios in this landmark facility.

This new plug-in carefully captures each space, recorded using Sunset Sound’s high-end mic collection, to deliver not just the acoustics but also the unique vibe of the space. Enter in and select from the various reverb options accessible from each of the three studios found in the facility:
  • Live Room: Studio 1, Studio 2 or Studio 3
  • Iso Booth: Studio 1, Studio 2 or Studio 3
  • 3 Live Echo Chambers from Studio 1, Studio 2 or Studio 3
  • 2 Different Plate reverbs and 1 Spring Reverb

An intuitive GUI provides a realistic experience, offering information and insights about each particular room, as well as additional controls to help users shape the sound to suit their tastes.

The additional controls include:
  • Adjustable decay time and pre-delay
  • High-pass and low-pass filters
  • Low and high shelving EQs
  • Stereo image width
  • Wet/dry mix
  • Plus famous mic position options in studio 2, dampening options, and more
  • Variable room dampening and multiple microphone positions

Studio owner Paul Camarata notes, “For 60 years, the sound of our studios has been heard on hit records around the world. Now, we’re proud to be working with IK Multimedia to bring our famed sound to everyone’s recordings. Sunset Sound Studio Reverb really nails the essence of our distinct character.”

T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb is available now. Click here to learn more.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: AVAILABLE NOW: T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

Postby adam_w » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:04 pm

Just when you think you couldn't possibly need any more reverbs....along you come with THIS!
Very very very excited about this one, one of THE iconic recording spaces. I even had some IR's from years back, so this is awesome.
purveyor of fine rock & roll
online mixing and mastering
adam_w

Postby aaaggg » Fri May 01, 2020 8:37 pm

Hi,
Have you tested it? What do you think about it?
Is it worth the price?
Thanks!
aaaggg

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 02, 2020 10:37 am

Hello aaaggg and welcome to the forum.

Check out the thread in the KVR Audio forum for lots of comments.

But, the absolute best thing to do is try it out for yourself. As it is in the T-RackS range, download and install T-RackS CS (yes you will get the complete range of T-RackS plug-ins and the IKM Authorization Manager and Custom Shop standalone programs).

You can also choose to try out a piece of gear (clicking the TRY button) to audition it in your existing rig before actually buying it. Every item in the Custom Shop has a 14 days unrestricted trial time. When an item is selected for trial, the time left for its evaluation is shown in the corresponding item menu.

Once the trial time has expired, the item will be locked – it will be grayed out. Once the trial time has expired the module will only be purchasable on the Custom Shop or IK online store.

NOTE: multiple instances of the same item will not affect the total time of t
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby aaaggg » Sat May 02, 2020 12:21 pm

Hello DarkStar,

Thanks for your reply. I think I know you from the KVR Melda Productions forum.
Regarding the question about the T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb..I think I just wanted to take the shortcut..so much plugins out there ;). I use the "Big Wooden Room" Preset from MConvolutionMB all the time in my mixes and I´m quite happy with the results.
Would be cool, if IK Multimedia would sell the IRs of of Sunset Sound separately, though :mrgreen: .

Ill have a look at the IK Multimedia KVR Forum.
Cheers,
Andi
aaaggg

Postby Peter_IK » Sat May 02, 2020 5:57 pm

aaaggg wrote:Hello DarkStar,

Thanks for your reply. I think I know you from the KVR Melda Productions forum.
Regarding the question about the T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb..I think I just wanted to take the shortcut..so much plugins out there ;). I use the "Big Wooden Room" Preset from MConvolutionMB all the time in my mixes and I´m quite happy with the results.
Would be cool, if IK Multimedia would sell the IRs of of Sunset Sound separately, though :mrgreen: .

Ill have a look at the IK Multimedia KVR Forum.
Cheers,
Andi

We don't have an IK Multimedia KVR forum (because we have this whole forum instead :D ).

However, note that there's more than just IRs so separating each from the Sunset Sound collection would be a more complex task due to the rest of the chain. Note that it is still $149.99 which is a steal for this plugin.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Tuoman » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:14 am

I didnt have the chance to try it yet but it looks very promising, we all need a good sounding reverb plugin!
Tuoman

Postby Scott H » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:46 am

Looks tempting. I may to get this!
Scott H

Postby KenMay01 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:31 pm

I'm super stoked about this! everyone should get this!
KenMay01

Postby alanreigh » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:05 am

I picked this up yesterday at the amazing sale price, and BOOOOOOOOM. Best reverb I've ever owned. Love it. Pairs incredibly well with TONEX. I'm grinning from ear to ear here.
alanreigh

Return to News and Announcements