Hammond B-3X for iPad now available

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Re: Hammond B-3X for iPad now available

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:11 pm

There is information about resource usage of the standalone vs AUv3 as well as recommended devices on the Specs page. Hammond B-3X is going to run better on newer devices that have the horsepower to run a very complex app like this.

If you feel there is a global issue (or an issue you are having specifically) you must report that to IK Support so they can either get you up and running if it is an issue you are having specifically or recreate anything that may be global. As far as I know there is no global resource usage "bug" submitted to the devs but I'm not part of the tech support team (nor is this forum a medium for tech support as stated frequently including in the rules like at the top of each page and to which you agreed when signing up for the forum) so they would have more information and the ability to troubleshoot your issues and verify anything global to be officially reported to the devs.

Hammond B-3X is more than usable live (it has even been used live by the amazing Erik Norlander who needs absolute stability as he's a professional touring and recording musician).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lightbg » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:18 am

Peter,
I just downloaded the 1.2 update and the split keyboard works fine. I didn't have any other issues, but I did notice one thing: when I hit the Cabs tab I used to see the spinning horn and baffle from the rear of the Leslie cabinet. Did they sacrifice this animation for less workload on the processor? The front is nice, but I used this animation as a teaching tool to explain visually just what a Leslie speaker is. I'd actually like to have it back.

I know this is a tech issue, but I thought you might have some insider wisdom about this.

Jake
lightbg

Postby lightbg » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:22 am

Peter,

Never mind. I just reviewed the notes section of the user manual and saw 1.1 in the Cabs section stating what I surmized above.

Wow, I didn't think a mini 5 was considered underpowered........

Jake
lightbg

Postby PaulSchrier » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:30 am

I am an IK Multimedia customer and a potential buyer of the Hammond B-3X for iPad app. I would like to be able to review the user manual before making a purchase decision. How can I get access to the Hammond B-3X for iPad User Manual prior to buying the app? I would also like to know if it is possible to export presets from B-3X for iPad so that they can be transferred to another iPad or shared with another B-3X user. Any information would be helpful.
Thanks.
PaulSchrier

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:30 pm

PaulSchrier wrote:I am an IK Multimedia customer and a potential buyer of the Hammond B-3X for iPad app. I would like to be able to review the user manual before making a purchase decision. How can I get access to the Hammond B-3X for iPad User Manual prior to buying the app? I would also like to know if it is possible to export presets from B-3X for iPad so that they can be transferred to another iPad or shared with another B-3X user. Any information would be helpful.
Thanks.

The manual is not available outside of having the app at this time. I would suggest inquiring with IK Support to see if they have a way of getting you the manual for review. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:31 pm

Jordan Rudess loves Hammond B-3X and plays this great "Purple Mood" with it:

https://youtu.be/vwQ-C2RTBUI

Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby d.craig » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:51 am

Thanks for the keyboard split capability of 1.2.
While I’ve successfully installed the new version and found the explanation of split functionality at the bottom of the new Help page, I’m as yet unable to split my keyboard controller (sending all 88 keys on Midi channel 1) so that b-3x 1.2 plays the lower manual’s assigned sound below C3 and the upper’s above that note.
In SampleTank this is easy enough: I can even assign instruments (Again all receiving Midi 1) to various zones and can even overlap them.
What am I missing? Do I have to send on different Midi channels for b-3x to recognize discreetly?
A video might be helpful.
d.craig

Postby lightbg » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:02 am

You need to go into the “advanced” area (that silver bullet at the top left of the live page). The section you need to adjust is right on top. 4 choices ( off, pedal/lower, lower/upper, pedal+lower/ upper). Select lower/ upper, then to the extreme right is a box for your split point (G2, etc. ). Enter whatever you need, hit OK, and you’re done.

Hope this helps.

Jake
lightbg

Postby PaulSchrier » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:59 am

Hello,

I recently purchased the Hammond B-3X organ app for iPad (V1.2) and am having difficulty getting it to integrate with iMidiPatchBay. iMidiPatchBay does not seem to recognize the Hammond B-3X app when it is launched and running on the same iPad as iMidiPatchBay. The Hammond B-3X is not listed as an available device in the iMidiPatchBay Extern Output Device list. Also, the Hammond B-3X app does not list iMidiPatchBay as an available MIDI input device in its MIDI Input Device list. What do I need to do to get these two apps to recognize each other? Does iMidiPatchBay provide a virtual MIDI port that can be recognized by the Hammond B-3X? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul
PaulSchrier

Postby ccmacdon » Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:00 pm

Just a quick question.. what MSB/LSB should I be using if I want to perform a program change remotely via midi.. I've been trying to get this working on the iPad version of B-3X and so far I've had no success.
ccmacdon

Postby Bookis » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:22 pm

Hi Folks,
I just stumbled on to this B3 app and hope i can use it. Here is my rookie question. I have an iPad pro 3rd gen and i just ordered an arturia micro lab controller. Will i be able to use this B3 emulation with this rig or will i need a different keyboard? Pardon my ignorance on this subject (im a drummer) This will be used for recording only. Thanks in advance for your help/ advice.
Best
pete
Bookis

Postby lightbg » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:34 am

Hi. I quickly Googled the Arturia Microlab and it appears that it should work. It does appear to have a USB interface, so that shouldn't be a problem. The question I have is it also seems to have 25 keys. That is a pretty limiting factor for an organ emulation. I would suggest you go for at least a 37 note if not more. Since you're recording perhaps a mini key model could save you some money.
By now you should have also checked the minimum spec page for B3X. That would ensure that your iPad model would function without any issues.
That's all I have. Good Luck and enjoy B3X.

Jake
lightbg

Postby hlysprt7 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:50 am

lightbg wrote:BTW Stewfromnj, if that does mean New Jersey, I’m in Rockaway Township in Morris county.

Jake

Down if Florida for 15 years, but grew up in Randolph Township - running the b3x on an iPad mini 4, and a mini 5 also with now problems yet... Nice to see all the Jersians...
hlysprt7

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:33 pm

Not to derail, but I'm originally from Bergen County New Jersey, now in Chatham County Georgia though.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lightbg » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:58 pm

Peter,
I know you don't have any pull with the higherups at IK, but my biggest disappointment with B3X is they won't re-instate the Leslie animation in my mini5. I've messaged them directly about this. It even worked on the 4, but the A12 processor can easily handle it.
I've even tried prayer, but to no avail.....
:)
Jake
lightbg

PreviousNext

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories